Author Topic: My thoughts are not your thoughts - saith the Lord  (Read 3126 times)

Kimberley

Re: My thoughts are not your thoughts - saith the Lord
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 03:39:24 pm »
Good evening. It's not that I put limitations on him. I believe that Jehovah can use his holy spirit, or power, to accomplish whatever he wills whenever he wills it. If his people are praying individually around the world, he has the ability to give everyone undivided attention. Would he turn himself into a human being. To me, no. To send a son I can imagine. To set himself with the task of becoming human and saying that he would be faithful unto death and being in distress in prayer and praying to himself, I don't see how that would truly have answered the question of his rightful sovreignty, or mans ability to remain faithful as far as death. Jehovah has no beginning but his son is begotten/created. To lose his son was a true sacrifice of love for mankind. The other angels are angelic sons. They can be aware of the emotional and mental cost to their father. Jesus must have had a close relationship with his angelic brothers. I believe Jehovah used the bush as a focal point and not that he became it.

Fat

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 04:31:46 pm »
Hello  Kimberley,
The Scripture tells us that Christ was truly man and truly God. That is unless you have a translation that has been altered.

Two points I like to make and I'm going to have to go for today.

In your NWT you use your small *g* god refer to the corruption of men. Note verses 6 & 7. Is this your Christ, a man, a small *g* god? Is this the same kind of god in your John 1 small *g*?

Psalms 82:1  God takes his place in the divine assembly;
In the middle of the gods he judges:
 2  “How long will you continue to judge with injustice
And show partiality to the wicked? (Selah)
 3  Defend the lowly and the fatherless.
Render justice to the helpless and destitute.
 4  Rescue the lowly and the poor;
Save them out of the hand of the wicked.”
 5  They do not know, nor do they understand;
They are walking about in darkness;
All the foundations of the earth are being shaken.
 6  “I have said, ‘You are gods,
All of you are sons of the Most High.
 7  But you will die just as men do;
And like any other prince you will fall!’”

8  Rise up, O God, and judge the earth,
For all the nations belong to you.

Point two.
I have already pointed out that you worship two gods and that you claim two Saviors, and I realize you dispute this, but I would also like others to know that you teach of two Fathers.

A Father in heaven, believe to be Jehovah but it's hard to tell with watchtower logic:

Mat 23:9 Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. (NWT)

Mat 6:9  “You must pray, then, this way:
‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. (NWT)

The other Father is Christ:

Isa 9:6 For a child has been born to us,
A son has been given to us;
And the rulership will rest on his shoulder.
His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. (NWT)

So the JW's teach us that the "Eternal Father" prays to the "Our Father in the heavens" and at the same time teach there "one is your Father." 

Christ is the Eternal Father.
Jehovah is the  heavenly One.
But you only get to choose one as your Father.

All you have to do is translate the Scriptures correctly

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light. 9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.' " 16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Kimberley

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 03:23:00 am »
I am not ignoring your post. You have many interesting points and I intend to answer them but am stuck with Jury Duty at moment and personal matters. Not ignoring, just wanted you to know. Hope your day is good.

Hal

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 02:28:30 pm »
Fat,
They also teach that there are two Temples in heaven, one is God the Almighty and the other is the Lamb (Christ) but they are one!

(NWT) Revelation 21:22  I did not see a temple in it, for Jehovah God the Almighty is its temple, also the Lamb is.

(NAS) I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Note that temple is singular.