Author Topic: A steady driping of water  (Read 3099 times)

Proa42

A steady driping of water
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:51:33 am »
http://themastersyoke.blogspot.com/

A Steady Dripping of Water

Mark 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

This, The Christ said of the religious leaders of His time. Now, well into the Times of The Gentiles, the seeing eye sees that we have come full circle.

Howbeit in vain do they worship God, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

2 Peter 2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:

Sin is like a continual dripping of water. Heresy, too, is like a continual dripping of water. In the beginning the impact on the bucket is hardly noticed as rain drips through the roof. Not long after it starts the sound becomes “white noise” and few pay little if any attention. But, as time goes by, the bucket fills and begins to overflow. And now, the problem is clearly apparent.

The Body of Christ has inherited a New Testament burden much like that The Christ sought to ease when He said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

True, His yoke is light. But, “The Church”, and by The Church I mean the Religious, have hung buckets on that yoke. (After all, isn't that what a yoke was designed to carry?) Gradually the New Testament Pharisees have filled these buckets with heresies, lies, and the traditions of men – Not God’s Truth. And, like a dripping of water, we hardly notice it has happened.

Perhaps the clearest illustration is the modern concept of Sacrifice, Offerings, and Tithes.

We are taught that a sacrifice is giving up something, or giving to God, and in that giving we deny our flesh, and may even suffer as a result of that giving – a good basic Religious tradition.

But, consider the following commandment of God to Israel. Then recall the adaptation by the modern Religion around you, and ask, “Are modern teachings about tithes, offerings, and sacrifices Biblical?” Ask, that is, if it is not already clear by the time you finish reading God’s word below. (I’ve formatted some passages for clarity)

Deuteronomy 14:26 (King James Version) And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Deuteronomy 12 (11 & 12): Then there shall be a place which the LORD your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you;

1. your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices,

2. your tithes, and

3. the heave offering of your hand, and

4. all your choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD:

And ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your menservants, and your maidservants, and the Levite that is within your gates; forasmuch as he hath no part nor inheritance with you.

Deuteronomy 12 (17 & 18): Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand: But thou must eat them before the LORD thy God in the place which the LORD thy God shall choose, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite that is within thy gates: and thou shalt rejoice before the LORD thy God in all that thou puttest thine hands unto.

Does that even begin to reflect what the Body of Christ is being taught today?

What we see is God calling His people to bring a portion of their increase into the House of God (Jerusalem) and there offer it and eat it, sharing with those around them--Not throwing their money into a basket never to see it again.

Look again at what God says about the tithe in Deuteronomy 14 :

"And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, , , ,"

Here God has made provision for those who live a long way from the place where He will put His Name (Eventually Jerusalem), by telling them how to celebrate His goodness toward them. He commands them to have, what in any other setting would be, a party. (If you don’t think the above recipe is as good a list of things to have at a party, you haven’t partied.)

What’s the difference between the tithe or any other sacrifice and the worlds way to party?

God is the center. God is the focus. It is God who is thanked and glorified.

The commandment doesn’t say, “Get drunk”.

God says you may buy strong drink if you wish, and wine, and anything else WE desire. God wants us to be happy. God wants us to enjoy the bounty He provides. God wants us to share that bounty with the less fortunate. And, rejoice doing it.

If there is a modern Church which practices tithing, sacrifice, and offerings in the way commanded by God, they have probably long been declared Apostate. Nevertheless, should I run across that body, I certainly would hope to be allowed to rejoice with them?

This is one of the easiest of New Testament heresies to discuss. It is obviously contrary to God’s word (The Bible), and among the most frequent and public examples of the Religious malpractice of God’s Commandments.

How miserable and unhappy we are in "our own righteousness", when compared to what God wanted for us.

If you want to suffer, let it not be at God’s hand. Suffer for righteousness --for living out the spirit of God’s commandments. And, if you suffer, it will be another's hand that lays heavy on you.

Yes, Christ Followers will suffer, but at the hands of the evil one. It is the World that hates Christ Followers, not God -- Because, they first hated Him.

It is the World that wants to enslave us, but God sets us free.

And, the TRUTH shall set you free

JB Horn

Re: A steady driping of water
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:27:24 am »
I agree with you that the teachings of the modern day church have become corrupt, but I was in an argument the other day on where one must tithe and I disagree that there is a physical place to bring your offerings.

Matthew 25:40 NAS
"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

Blessings
JB

Proa42

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 12:07:58 pm »
It is clear, for the Jew it is Jerusalem's Temple. But, there is no temple.
Therefore there is no place to bring the tithe.

It is too distant to bring the "tithe", so why not let those bound to the law of tithe do as instructed in Dueteronmy and take the money and have the celebration at home, with the Levite (if you can find one).

As for the gentile, there is no such custom -- tithe.

JB Horn

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 07:26:52 am »
Mark 12:23
AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL THE HEART AND WITH ALL THE UNDERSTANDING AND WITH ALL THE STRENGTH, AND TO LOVE ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS HIMSELF, is much more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

Christ quotes the OT

Proa42

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 05:45:56 pm »
AMEN