Author Topic: Israel Vs. the Church  (Read 1165 times)

Hal

Israel Vs. the Church
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:50:43 pm »
Can Israel be separate from the Church?

Hal

Fat

Re: Israel Vs. the Church
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 09:59:13 am »

Hal

Yes and No :) How's that for playing it safe.

Israel is referred to as a land and a people.

Example: (a land) Leviticus 20:2 NIV "Say to the Israelites: 'Any Israelite or any alien living in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech must be put to death. The people of the community are to stone him.

(a people) Exodus 18:25 So Moses chose able men from all Israel and made them leaders over the people [as] officials of thousands, hundreds, fifties, and tens.

The Church is the body of Christ and includes all believers, Jew and Gentile, rich and poor, slave and master. It includes all that inherit the promise made to Abraham, be he son of blood or Spirit. Not all of Abraham's children are believers just as not all Gentiles are not believers. The believers are the Church be they children of Israel or Babylon.

The land of Israel well:
Joel 3: 2 I will gather all the nations and take them to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. I will enter into judgment with them there because of My people, My inheritance Israel. The nations have scattered the Israelites in foreign countries and divided up My land.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:01:58 am by Fat »

biblebuf

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 11:25:39 am »
The Church is the body of Christ and includes all believers, Jew and Gentile, rich and poor, slave and master. It includes all that inherit the promise made to Abraham, be he son of blood or Spirit. Not all of Abraham's children are believers just as not all Gentiles are not believers.

WOW new board look, love this select quote option and the spell check works :)

Now to address the thread, Christ said-
John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

The Jews wrote both new and old testament, except for maybe Luke. There is no separation, we believers are one in Christ. The Church has not replaced Israel, it lives in Israel and Israel lives in it.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »
The Jews wrote both new and old testament, except for maybe Luke. There is no separation, we believers are one in Christ. The Church has not replaced Israel, it lives in Israel and Israel lives in it.

I agree, we share one promise.

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »
I think thru Christ the church has not replaced Israel but has been added to Israel.

Hal

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:10:50 am »
The Jews may be His chosen people but there are unbelievers in their race. The Church on the other hand, contains no unbelievers but contain Jews and the promise made to them as the chosen people.