Author Topic: Eph 5:1-2  (Read 679 times)

clark thompson

Eph 5:1-2
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »
Ephesians 5:1-2King James Version (KJV)

5 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Ephesians 5:1-2New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Be Imitators of God

5 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; 2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 We need to imitate God, this does not mean you should make people think we are God but for us to live like God so by the way we live people can know God by how we live they can also see there need for God. We need to learn from Him because all we know aside from Him is of this world. We are to inmate Him as a child imitates there parents, parents are not always right and have bad habits but God is always right.

2 We should do all the things we do with a Christ like love towards others. There is no greater love that was shown than the love that Christ shown on the cross.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

biblebuf

Re: Eph 5:1-2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:43:53 pm »
Christ came to set an example for us to live by. To be like Him is to be a servant to man kind.

Matthew 20:28 NAS
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Luke 9:48 NAS
and said to them, "Whoever receives this child in My name receives Me, and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me; for the one who is least among all of you, this is the one who is great."

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Eph 5:1-2
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 10:52:29 am »
5 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

Vs 5 is another reminder that we have received an inheritance as adopted children. Christ is now our older brother who took on our fight and beat the school yard bully on our behalf.