Author Topic: I will make you fishers of men.  (Read 804 times)

Bob

I will make you fishers of men.
« on: July 23, 2014, 06:34:58 pm »
And the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are (1 Cor. 1:28 )
They were amazed and astonished, saying, "Why, are not all these who are speaking Galileans? (Acts 2:7 )
Now as Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."(Matt. 4:18, 19 ) Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed, and began to recognize them as having been with Jesus. (Acts 4:13 )
and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.(1 Cor. 2:4, 5 )
"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. (John 15:16 ) "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing . (John 15:5 ) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;(2 Cor. 4:7 )

biblebuf

Re: I will make you fishers of men.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:12:20 pm »
Thanks  8)

Bob

Re: I will make you fishers of men.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »
Thanks  8)
Anytime.