Author Topic: Luke 1:72-75  (Read 507 times)

clark thompson

Luke 1:72-75
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:41:40 pm »
Luke 1:72-75

KJV(i) 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; 73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, 75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

CLV(i) 72 To do mercy with our fathers, And to be reminded of His holy covenant, 73 The oath which He swears to Abraham our father, 74 To grant to us, being rescued out of the hand of our enemies, To be fearlessly offering divine service to Him" 75 In benignity and righteousness in His sight all our days.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

72-73 He is referring to the promise of a coming Messiah. The promise of given to Abraham that the whole world would be blessed by him, for a long time it was just a promise but later the pieces Moses talked about a Prophet. The prophets later said this Prophet would take the seat of David or the throne but none may have known just how much the world would be blessed by Jesus.

74 Christ was seen as someone who would overthrow Rome but He came to overthrow sin. Freedom is nothing if you die to sin and be separated from God forever. Christ will come again to reign. The world may hurt us but we need to serve God in spite of what the world may do to us.

75 We can be seen as holy now because we have Christ. We are made pure by Christ. Christ died so we can be made righteous by His righteousness.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.