Author Topic: This is the way. Walk in it  (Read 787 times)

biblebuf

This is the way. Walk in it
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:18:33 pm »
Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path. (Psa. 119:105 )
Concerning what people do: by the word of Your lips I have avoided the ways of the violent. My steps are on Your paths; my feet have not slipped. (Psa. 17:4, 5 ) When you walk here and there, they will guide you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; when you wake up, they will talk to you. For a commandment is a lamp, teaching is a light, and corrective instructions are the way to life. (Prov. 6:22, 23 ) and whenever you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear this command behind you: "This is the way. Walk in it." (Isa. 30:21 )
Then Jesus spoke to them again: "I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life." (John 8:12 ) So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. (2 Pet. 1:19 ) For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known. (1 Cor. 13:12 ) Night will no longer exist, and people will not need lamplight or sunlight, because the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign forever and ever. (Rev. 22:5 )

Hal

Re: This is the way. Walk in it
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:49:49 am »
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Fat

Re: This is the way. Walk in it
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 11:39:19 am »
When you walk here and there, they will guide you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; when you wake up, they will talk to you. For a commandment is a lamp, teaching is a light, and corrective instructions are the way to life. (Prov. 6:22, 23 )
This is a combination of the law and Spirit. The law is part of the light for the Word is the Light.