Author Topic: Find rest in the Lord  (Read 473 times)

biblebuf

Find rest in the Lord
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:40:24 am »
He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. (Psa. 23:2 )
But the wicked are like the storm-tossed sea, for it cannot be still, and its waters churn up mire and muck. There is no peace for the wicked," says my God. (Isa. 57:20, 21 )
"Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matt. 11:28 ) Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for Him; do not be agitated by one who prospers in his way, by the man who carries out evil plans. (Psa. 37:7 ) For the person who has entered His rest has rested from his own works, just as God did from His. (Heb. 4:10 )
Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, through which those who were so occupied were not benefited. (Heb. 13:9 ) Then we will no longer be little children, tossed by the waves and blown around by every wind of teaching, by human cunning with cleverness in the techniques of deceit. But speaking the truth in love, let us grow in every way into Him who is the head-Christ.
(Eph. 4:14, 15 )
Like an apricot tree among the trees of the forest, so is my love among the young men. I delight to sit in his shade, and his fruit is sweet to my taste. 4 He brought me to the banquet hall, and he looked on me with love. (Song 2:3, 4 )

Fat

Re: Find rest in the Lord
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 04:07:57 pm »
It is a matter of surrendering totally to Christ. Once you've accomplished that you will find your peace and rest.