Author Topic: Mormons Say Jesus Was Married?  (Read 875 times)

Moss

Mormons Say Jesus Was Married?
« on: September 12, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »

According to Latter-Day Saints (LDS, Mormon) President Orson Hyde, Jesus was married to several women, including Mary Magdalene, and had biological children.

“..[In John 2,] Jesus was the bridegroom at the marriage of Cana of Galilee, and he told them what to do. Now there was actually a marriage; and if Jesus was not the bridegroom on that occasion, please tell who was. … We say it was Jesus Christ who was married, to be brought into the relation whereby he could see his seed, before he was crucified. … I do not despise to be called a son of Abraham, if he had a dozen wives; or to be called a brother, a son, a child of the Savior, if he had Mary, and Martha, and several others, as wives; and though he did cast seven devils out of one of them, it is all the same to me. … I shall say here, that before the Savior died, he looked upon his own natural children, as we look upon ours; he saw his seed, and immediately afterwards he was cut off from the earth; but who shall declare his generation?”

– Hyde, at the Mormon General Conference, on 6 October 1854. (Printed in Journal of Discourses, Vol. 2, p. 82.)

Apparently, this position had support from Brigham Young, Wilford Woodruff, Orson Pratt, and others.

http://answeringprotestants.com/2014/09/12/mormons-say-jesus-was-married/