Author Topic: Let your light shine before men  (Read 565 times)

biblebuf

Let your light shine before men
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »
"I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. (John 17:15 )
so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,. (Phil. 2:15 ) "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men. "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; (Matt. 5:13, 14 ) "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. (Matt. 5:16 )
Then God said to him in the dream, "Yes, I know that in the integrity of your heart you have done this, and I also kept you from sinning against Me; therefore I did not let you touch her. (Gen. 20:6 )
But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. (2 Thes. 3:3) But the former governors who were before me laid burdens on the people and took from them bread and wine besides forty shekels of silver; even their servants domineered the people. But I did not do so because of the fear of God. (Neh. 5:15 ) who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,(Gal. 1:4 ) Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.(Jude 24, 25)

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Let your light shine before men
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:17:16 am »
Christianity should be the shining city on the Hill.

Henry

Re: Let your light shine before men
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 11:50:17 pm »
Denominations stop this because often on one street in one town there can be 20 people living there of different denominations who are polite in their daily lives but won't discuss God with each other. Scripture says, Where two or more are gathered in my name there I am also. If those brothers and sisters could share their spiritual lives together daily as real brothers and sisters do share their lives they would light up the street for God.

Image every other street in the city doing the same