Author Topic: The fruit of the Spirit  (Read 652 times)

macuser

The fruit of the Spirit
« on: October 08, 2014, 06:35:01 pm »
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness (Gal. 5:22 )
Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified. (1 Cor. 9:25-27 )
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit  (Eph. 5:18 )
If any man will come after me let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (Matt. 16:24 )
Let us not sleep, as do others: but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober. (1 Thes. 5:6-8) Denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world: looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. (Titus 2:12, 13 )

JB Horn

Re: The fruit of the Spirit
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 10:02:08 am »
Strange, I was trying find the verse that showed Paul was a boxer and you throw right in front of me 🆒