Author Topic: Assisted suicide?  (Read 1457 times)

macuser

Assisted suicide?
« on: October 25, 2014, 10:34:59 am »
The way I see it, suicide is no different than abortion. It is taking a life given as a gift by God who only has the right to take that gift away. Every day you have on this earth serves the will of your creator and to turn your back on this gift is not showing your love for Him.

I know there are different opinions out there and I am interested in hearing them.

Henry

Re: Assisted suicide?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:35:29 pm »
The doctor that treat my wife's father with has cancers eventually gave him free reign to squeeze the morphine release button whenever the pain got too great warning him that too much would kill him. This was a kindness and I'm sure that when her father had managed the pain as much as he could he overdosed and went to sleep.

macuser

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:33:35 pm »
I can understand that and may be I would have done the same. It's just that biblically it can't be justified, I can't say why some are made to suffer in this life and some are not.

1 Samuel 31 (NASB)
4 Then Saul said to his armor bearer, “Draw your sword and pierce me through with it, otherwise these uncircumcised will come and pierce me through and make sport of me.” But his armor bearer would not, for he was greatly afraid. So Saul took his sword and fell on it.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 10:45:13 am »
I am totally against suicide however you can not compare abortion with suicide, the unborn have no choice in their death.

There can be a time that giving up your life can be biblical.

For no greater love has a man that he lay down his life for his neighbor. ( I might've got the quote wrong but the meaning is correct)

Fat

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 11:09:13 am »
Here we go:

No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.

Henry

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 11:10:16 pm »
Did Jesus not give his life? :o

Fat

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 07:50:20 am »
Jo
Did Jesus not give his life? :o
john 10:17 This is why the Father loves Me, because I am laying down My life so I may take it up again.

It was for me He died not for Himself, not to end His pain but mine.

JB Horn

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 11:22:34 pm »
Didn't God assist in Samson's suicide?

Judges 16:28 He called out to the Lord: "Lord God , please remember me. Strengthen me, God, just once more. With one act of vengeance, let me pay back the Philistines for my two eyes." 29 Samson took hold of the two middle pillars supporting the temple and leaned against them, one on his right hand and the other on his left. 30 Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines." He pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the leaders and all the people in it. And the dead he killed at his death were more than those he had killed in his life.

macuser

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 01:30:36 pm »
Didn't God assist in Samson's suicide?

No!

How could the Creator who created us to die a earthly (flesh) death be accused of murder? Samson asked God for permission to take revenge and God gave him that permission.