Author Topic: He shall be called Mighty God, Eternal Father.  (Read 531 times)

biblebuf

He shall be called Mighty God, Eternal Father.
« on: November 10, 2014, 05:26:36 pm »
Once You spoke in vision to Your godly ones, And said, "I have given help to one who is mighty; I have exalted one chosen from the people. (Psa. 89:19 )
"I, even I, am the LORD, And there is no savior besides Me. (Isa. 43:11 ) For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Tim. 2:5 ) "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12 )
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.(Isa. 9:6 ) but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, (Phil. 2:7-9 ) But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. (Heb. 2:9 ) Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, (Heb. 2:14 )