Author Topic: Luke 2:29-32  (Read 715 times)

clark thompson

Luke 2:29-32
« on: November 21, 2014, 07:12:02 pm »
Luke 2:29-32
KJV 29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: 30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, 31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; 32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

ACV 29 Now dismiss thy bondman in peace, Master, according to thy word, 30 because my eyes have seen thy salvation, 31 which thou prepared toward the face of all the peoples: 32 a light for enlightenment of Gentiles, and glory of thy people Israel.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

29 He knew now he could die with a peace knowing he saw the Promised One, the Messiah, and Christ. God will always keep His promises but He does them in His time and not our time.

30 Jesus means the Lords salvation, Jesus came to die to bring salvation to man to redeem them for their sins.

31 Jesus came not just for the Jews but for all people. Jesus will one day be seen by all.

32 Christ came as Paul said first for the Jews then for the Gentiles. The Gentiles would first come to Faith thru hearing of Jesus and some Jews would have their faith be completed in Christ after they accepted Him. Christ came as a Jew and this fulfilled many prophecies about Him.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

JB Horn

Re: Luke 2:29-32
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 05:09:10 pm »
What do we know about this man Simeon? What tribe was he from? Did he have a family?

The only thing we know about him is that he was filled with the Holy Spirit, and he believed on what the Spirit told him.

JB

Fat

Re: Luke 2:29-32
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 05:35:16 pm »
What do we know about this man Simeon? What tribe was he from? Did he have a family?

The only thing we know about him is that he was filled with the Holy Spirit, and he believed on what the Spirit told him.

JB

Hello JB
Then that would make Simeon's statement an acknowledgement by the Holy Ghost of the coming of the Christ 🎆