Author Topic: He that is of God heareth God’s words  (Read 1179 times)

biblebuf

He that is of God heareth God’s words
« on: December 01, 2014, 04:27:54 pm »
Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; Whoever is discerning, let him know them. For the ways of the LORD are right, And the righteous will walk in them, But transgressors will stumble in them. (Hos. 14:9 )
This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone," and, "A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE "; for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed. (1 Pet. 2:7, 8 ) The way of the LORD is a stronghold to the upright, But ruin to the workers of iniquity (Prov. 10:29 )
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. (Mat 11:15 ) Whoever is wise, let him heed these things and consider the great love of the LORD. (Psa. 107:43 ) The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. (Matt. 6:22 ) If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. (John 7:17 ) Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. (Matt. 13:12 )
He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God. (John 8:47 ) Ye will not come unto me, that ye might have life. (John 5:40 ) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27 )

Fat

Re: He that is of God heareth God’s words
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 09:32:59 am »
What did Christ say when the apostles ask him why he taught in parables?
Did He speak in parables to make it easier for everyone to understand, or did he speak in parables limit the understanding to a chosen few?

biblebuf

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 09:09:20 pm »
Hi Fat

It's easier to walk the wide road that leads to destruction.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 11:33:44 pm »
Jesus answered them, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted.

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 05:01:31 am »
He said it in parables to make things easier for the people who were present at that time, we have trouble with them sometimes because we do not understand that culture that He spoke to.

Fat

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 09:37:14 am »
I have to disagree with you on this one  Brother Clark.

This question was put to Chrit by His disciples and He answered it plainly.

And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. (Matthew‬ 13‬:10-13‬ KJV)

He explained this further in John 6.

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. (John‬ 6‬:44-45‬ KJV)

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. (John‬ 6‬:65‬ KJV)