Author Topic: Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus  (Read 516 times)

biblebuf

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus
« on: December 08, 2014, 05:14:39 pm »
Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation. (Rom. 12:16 )
My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? (Jas. 2:1, 5 )
Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor. (1 Cor. 10:24 ) If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. (1 Tim. 6:8, 9 )
but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. (1 Cor. 1:27-29 )
O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; Nor do I involve myself in great matters, Or in things too difficult for me. (Psa. 131:1 )
 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, (Phil 2:3-5)

Hal

Re: Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:54:03 am »
The Phil. 2 passage is what the Christian walk is all about.

Preach it live it.