Author Topic: Luke 2:39-40  (Read 485 times)

clark thompson

Luke 2:39-40
« on: December 27, 2014, 05:02:59 pm »
Luke 2:39-40 King James Version (KJV)
39 And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.
40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
Luke 2:39-40
CLV 39 And, as they accomplish all according to the law of the Lord, they return into Galilee, into their own city, Nazareth." 40 Now the little Boy grows up and was staunch in spirit, being filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on Him."

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

39 It is very important they did everything that was required because Christ had to live by the law to fulfill it, He could not be found guilty for breaking God’s law. We learn form Matthew that the reason they went back to the Galilee is avoid Herod who wanted Christ dead. They may have been in Bethlehem for about two years before returning to Nazareth.

40 Jesus would become grace for us by His death and He was full of it as God. He grew strong refers to a physical strong but more of a mental strong and an obedience to God.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Luke 2:39-40
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 05:33:51 pm »
I think it was who tells about their flight to Egypt at this point. I don't understand why Luke misses that.

Fat

Re: Luke 2:39-40
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:47:39 pm »
I think it was who tells about their flight to Egypt at this point. I don't understand why Luke misses that.

It was Matthew 2:14, 15

14 So Joseph got up and took the Child and His mother while it was still night, and left for Egypt. 15 He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: “ OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON.”
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:49:22 pm by Fat »