Author Topic: Power over death.  (Read 478 times)

biblebuf

Power over death.
« on: January 19, 2015, 12:14:35 am »
Power over death.

Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, (Psa. 103:4 ) But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. (1 Co 15:54)
"Their Redeemer is strong, the LORD of hosts is His name; He will vigorously plead their case So that He may bring rest to the earth, But turmoil to the inhabitants of Babylon. (Jer. 50:34 )Shall I ransom them from the power of Sheol? Shall I redeem them from death? O Death, where are your thorns? O Sheol, where is your sting? Compassion will be hidden from My sight. (Hos. 13:14 ) He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken. (Isa 25:8)
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,  and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives. (Heb. 2:14, 15 ) "After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. (John 14:19)
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36 )
For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory. (Col. 3:3, 4 )
"Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:2)

macuser

Re: Power over death.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 11:33:57 am »
I give thanks for the Cross.