Author Topic: Wisdom and understanding  (Read 573 times)

biblebuf

Wisdom and understanding
« on: February 06, 2015, 12:25:49 am »
Wisdom and understanding

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. (Isa. 9:6 ) The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart from generation to generation.  (Psa 33:11)
The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. And He will delight in the fear of the LORD, And He will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear; (Isa. 11:2, 3 ) Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has informed Him?  With whom did He consult and who gave Him understanding? And who taught Him in the path of justice and taught Him knowledge And informed Him of the way of understanding?  (Isa 40:13, 14)
Does not wisdom call, And understanding lift up her voice? "To you, O men, I call, And my voice is to the sons of men. "O naive ones, understand prudence; And, O fools, understand wisdom. "Listen, for I will speak noble things; And the opening of my lips will reveal right things. "Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine. (Prov. 8:1, 4-6, 14 )
This also comes from the LORD of hosts, Who has made His counsel wonderful and His wisdom great. (Isa. 28:29 )  Many plans are in a man's heart, But the counsel of the LORD will stand.  (Pro 19:21) But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (Jas. 1:5 ) Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (Prov. 3:5, 6 )

JB Horn

Re: Wisdom and understanding
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:22:08 pm »
The Lord teaches us to ask for wisdom. One problem we run into is when he's telling us the road to go we refused to follow it.

JB