Author Topic: O Death, Where Is Your Sting?  (Read 1686 times)

biblebuf

O Death, Where Is Your Sting?
« on: February 12, 2015, 04:37:21 pm »
"O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" (1 Cor 15:55) "But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. (Luke 16:25 ) "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. (Joh 14:2)  But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them. (Heb 11:16) For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. (2Co 5:1)
"Your sun will no longer set, Nor will your moon wane; For you will have the LORD for an everlasting light, And the days of your mourning will be over. (Isa. 60:20 ) He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken.  (Isa. 25:8 )  for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. (Luk 20:36) I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. "For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them. "They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes." (Rev. 7:14-17 )  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." (Rev. 21:4 )  in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. (2 Ti 4:8 ) "Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. (Dan 12:2)  And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)

Fat

Re: O Death, Where Is Your Sting?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:41:46 pm »
It has been overcome once and for all.

kjw47

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »
"O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" (1 Cor 15:55) "But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. (Luke 16:25 ) "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. (Joh 14:2)  But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them. (Heb 11:16) For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. (2Co 5:1)
"Your sun will no longer set, Nor will your moon wane; For you will have the LORD for an everlasting light, And the days of your mourning will be over. (Isa. 60:20 ) He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken.  (Isa. 25:8 )  for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. (Luk 20:36) I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. "For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them. "They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes." (Rev. 7:14-17 )  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." (Rev. 21:4 )  in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. (2 Ti 4:8 ) "Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. (Dan 12:2)  And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)

Your last line is an error.

truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise.= correct.

Jesus was in Hades for 3 days--he could not be in paradise on that day. the comma placement is wrong in most translations.

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 02:25:44 pm »

Your last line is an error.

truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise.= correct.

Jesus was in Hades for 3 days--he could not be in paradise on that day. the comma placement is wrong in most translations.

You appear to be a JW, and being they don't believe in Hell I must ask you where is this hades Jesus spent 3 days at?

BB

Bob

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 03:13:30 pm »
You appear to be a JW, and being they don't believe in Hell I must ask you where is this hades Jesus spent 3 days at?

BB
Yep here we go again.

(NWT) Mark 9:48  where the maggot does not die and the fire is not put out.