Author Topic: Why Doctrine?  (Read 9251 times)

Robert Sanders

Re: Why Doctrine?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 02:53:02 pm »
2 John
Chapter 1

9: Whosoever transgresseth,
and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ,
hath not God.
He that abideth in the
doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father
and the Son.

10: If there come any unto you,
and bring not this doctrine, receive him not
into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11: For he that biddeth him God speed
is partaker of his evil deeds.

The doctrine of Christ
are the commandments of Jesus Christ.

A. True

B. False

A. True

Robert Sanders

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 02:54:20 pm »
NAS

So what did Christ teach?

Christ taught
the commandments to life everlasting that God His Father
gave to Him to speak.

Fat

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 03:42:01 pm »
Christ taught
the commandments to life everlasting that God His Father
gave to Him to speak.

Instruction about Prayer for believers

1 It happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray just as John also taught his disciples."

2 And He said to them, "When you pray, say: 'Father, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. 3 'Give us each day our daily bread. 4 'And forgive us our sins, For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.' "

5 Then He said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and goes to him at midnight and says to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; 7 and from inside he answers and says, 'Do not bother  me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot  get up and give you anything.' 8 "I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9 "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 "For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened. 11 "Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? 12 "Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he? 13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly  Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Note verse 4, why should these believers, disciples, need to ask for forgiveness if they have not sinned since they were forgiven already.

The Bible has to be read as a whole, christians will sin and they will know they were sinning when they do, and it will weigh heavy on thier heart. Peter sinned at Christ's crucifixion but he was forgiven after the resurrection.

Robert, you cannot look anybody in the eye and say that you have not sinned since you found Christ. I know of no one that can make that claim and if you truly believe what you are pushing on this board that you must believe that you have lost your salvation. Work as hard as you can to keep God's Commandments, you will occasionally fail and there will be a time when you have to answer for your transgressions, but that will be a judgment by Christ not by the Father. Romans 8:1

Robert Sanders

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 03:46:13 pm »
Instruction about Prayer for believers

1 It happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray just as John also taught his disciples."

2 And He said to them, "When you pray, say: 'Father, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. 3 'Give us each day our daily bread. 4 'And forgive us our sins, For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.' "

5 Then He said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and goes to him at midnight and says to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; 7 and from inside he answers and says, 'Do not bother  me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot  get up and give you anything.' 8 "I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9 "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 "For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened. 11 "Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? 12 "Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he? 13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly  Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Note verse 4, why should these believers, disciples, need to ask for forgiveness if they have not sinned since they were forgiven already.

The Bible has to be read as a whole, christians will sin and they will know they were sinning when they do, and it will weigh heavy on thier heart. Peter sinned at Christ's crucifixion but he was forgiven after the resurrection.

Robert, you cannot look anybody in the eye and say that you have not sinned since you found Christ. I know of no one that can make that claim and if you truly believe what you are pushing on this board that you must believe that you have lost your salvation. Work as hard as you can to keep God's Commandments, you will occasionally fail and there will be a time when you have to answer for your transgressions, but that will be a judgment by Christ not by the Father. Romans 8:1
When you are born again
you are a new creature all things are new.
At that point in time you have never sinned.

A. True

B. False

fredjames

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 10:48:19 pm »
Hi Bob,

John 3:5

2 Timothy 1:9

Titus 3:5

John 14:6

Acts 3:19

Ephesians 1:13

Ephesians 1:7

Ephesians 2:5

Hi there everyone in discussion in regards to this Thread, and peace be with you in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST. By witnessing your quotation of Scriptures in regards to 'doctrine', only in part testifies merely the beginning of the Gospel doctrine. That is the preaching and teaching of salvation and where initially people who believe, have come into repentance, and many are already well verse of that.

Well, are these the only Scriptures for doctrine in the New Testament that justifies a Christian's salvation and promise in full?

What about the 'sound doctrine', according to 2Timothy3:16&17, that the 'man of GOD' may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:59:01 pm by fredjames »

Fat

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 12:20:29 am »
Hi there everyone in discussion in regards to this Thread, and peace be with you in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST. By witnessing your quotation of Scriptures in regards to 'doctrine', only in part testifies merely the beginning of the Gospel doctrine. That is the preaching and teaching of salvation and where initially people who believe, have come into repentance, and many are already well verse of that.

Well, are these the only Scriptures for doctrine in the New Testament that justifies a Christian's salvation and promise in full?

What about the 'sound doctrine', according to 2Timothy3:16&17, that the 'man of GOD' may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works?

Hello Fred,

Glad to meet you. I see you use the KJV, I use the NAS see the deference below. Of coarse there are many more New Testament. In the OT it starts with Gen 3:15 and in the NT Matt 1:21:, Mark 1:15, Luke 1:17, John 1:12, 13. What I am trying to say Fred is that you could the GOOD news all throughout the Scriptures far to many to list on this thread.

2Timothy3:16. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17. so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Blessings
Fat

fredjames

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 02:27:32 am »
Hello Fred,

Glad to meet you. I see you use the KJV, I use the NAS see the deference below. Of coarse there are many more New Testament. In the OT it starts with Gen 3:15 and in the NT Matt 1:21:, Mark 1:15, Luke 1:17, John 1:12, 13. What I am trying to say Fred is that you could the GOOD news all throughout the Scriptures far to many to list on this thread.

2Timothy3:16. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17. so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Blessings
Fat

Dear 'Fat', are you really 'fat', or just a 'nickname'?

Nevertheless, back to discussion, i would want to say that there is no major contradictory difference between both 'versions', in order to nullify one another. When the KJV version uses the word 'may be perfect', and is in conjuction with what CHRIST said in the Gospel, that;

"Be ye perfect as your FATHER in Heaven is perfect."

And with, 'thoroughly furnished', which means, 'equipped with whatever is needed.' Or, 'supplied with furniture'. While yours is 'equipped', that is, 'for every good work'. 

Fat

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 09:38:00 am »
Hi Fred

Matthew 5:48 does not use the same wording.

Matthew 5:48

teleios

2 Timothy 3:17

artios

Even the NKJV makes the distinction :

Matt 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect (teleios), just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

2 Tim 3:17 that the man of God may be complete (artios), thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I grew up on the KJV and was bless by reading it, but it has flaws like I have.

So "What about the 'sound doctrine', according to 2Timothy3:16&17"

I am sola scriptura and do not believe in following out side of His word. And I do not believe that I should allow the Pope or any other religious leader to be the Ultimate authority on what the Scriptures say.  Interpretation is important to me.

So yes, All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

In His Service
Fat (Phatt)

JB Horn

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 11:23:23 am »
I think the forum rules require that you be able to backup your post with scripture.