Author Topic: Who can say, I am pure from my sin?  (Read 625 times)

biblebuf

Who can say, I am pure from my sin?
« on: February 19, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »
Who can say, I am pure from my sin?

Who can say, "I have cleansed my heart, I am pure from my sin "? (Prov. 20:9 )
The LORD has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there are any who understand, Who seek after God. They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt; There is no one who does good, not even one.  (Psa. 14:2, 3 ) They that are in the flesh cannot please God. (Rom. 8:8 )
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.  For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. (Rom. 7:18, 19 ) For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. (Isa. 64:6 ) "Although you wash yourself with lye And use much soap, The stain of your iniquity is before Me," declares the Lord GOD. (Jeremiah 2:22)
But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. (Gal. 3:22 ) If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8, 9 )  You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. (1Jo 3:5) God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. (2 Cor. 5:19 ) For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. (1Co 15:22) For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. (2Pe 1:4) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (Eze 36:26)