Author Topic: God sees not as man sees  (Read 830 times)

biblebuf

God sees not as man sees
« on: April 03, 2015, 12:36:14 am »
God sees not as man sees

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.(1 Peter 3:3-4) But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Sam. 16:7 ) Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. (1 John 3:21 ) In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. (Matthew 23:28) Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. (Proverbs 31:30) 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.(Matthew 15:8) "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. "So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. (Matthew 23:27, 28)

JB Horn

Re: God sees not as man sees
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:14:16 am »
Judging with the eyes is what man does, only God knows the heart. If you have a righteous heart let it show on the outside with the way you live your life.

biblebuf

Re: God sees not as man sees
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 10:37:10 am »
Judging with the eyes is what man does, only God knows the heart. If you have a righteous heart let it show on the outside with the way you live your life.

We spend a lot of time in front of mirrors trying to make ourselves more presentable to others, why? Because we know we will be judge on appearance ⁉️