Author Topic: Christ Is Our Advocate  (Read 690 times)

biblebuf

Christ Is Our Advocate
« on: April 06, 2015, 05:48:08 pm »
Christ Is Our Advocate

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. (1 Tim. 2:5 )
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil. (Heb. 2:14 )
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other. (Isa. 45:22 ) Why, then, the law? on account of the transgressions it was added, till the seed might come to which the promise hath been made, having been set in order through messengers in the hand of a mediator. (Gal 3:19)
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.  (1 John 2:1 ) But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall. (Eph. 2:13, 14 ) and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel. (Heb 12:24) and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. (Heb. 9:12, 15 ) Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. (Heb. 7:25 ) But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises. (Heb 8:6)

Fat

Re: Christ Is Our Advocate
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:24:14 pm »
John 14
6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

clark thompson

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 03:42:37 pm »
Job prayed for one to stand before God on his behalf Christ is that person for us.

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:09:49 pm »
Christ seems to be in every book of the bible.