Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

God's argument against replacement theology

(1/3) > >>

Fat:

God gives his argument against replacement theology.

"So I will establish his descendants forever And his throne as the days of heaven. "If his sons forsake My law And do not walk in My judgments, If they violate My statutes And do not keep My commandments, Then I will punish their transgression with the rod And their iniquity with stripes. "But I will not break off My lovingkindness from him, Nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. "My covenant I will not violate, Nor will I alter the utterance of My lips. " Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David. "His descendants shall endure forever And his throne as the sun before Me. "It shall be established forever like the moon, And the witness in the sky is faithful." Selah. But You have cast off and rejected, You have been full of wrath against Your anointed. You have spurned the covenant of Your servant; You have profaned his crown in the dust. You have broken down all his walls; You have brought his strongholds to ruin. All who pass along the way plunder him; He has become a reproach to his neighbors. You have exalted the right hand of his adversaries; You have made all his enemies rejoice. You also turn back the edge of his sword And have not made him stand in battle. You have made his splendor to cease And cast his throne to the ground. (Psalms‬ 89‬:29-44‬ NASB)

Typed with one finger on a iPhone

Zant Law:
Hello Fat

We must have half a dozen threads on Replacement Theology but I can't remember Ps 89 used as an argument.

And all with one finger  8) impressive.

ZLaw

Fat:

--- Quote from: Zant Law on April 13, 2015, 09:11:40 am ---Hello Fat

We must have half a dozen threads on Replacement Theology but I can't remember Ps 89 used as an argument.

And all with one finger  8) impressive.

ZLaw
--- End quote ---

To me it is really hard to understand why the word forever so confusing for people.

petrobb:

--- Quote from: Fat on April 15, 2015, 04:56:57 pm ---To me it is really hard to understand why the word forever so confusing for people.

--- End quote ---

What you fail to understand is that during Jesus life and after the death of Jesus Israel divided into two parts, Israel who believed in the Messiah, and the unbelieving Israel which rejected Him.

As Paul makes clear in Rom 11.12-24 unbelieving Israel was cut off from the olive tree of Israel (Jer 11.16) leaving believing Israel as the  true remnant (as Paul quote later only a remnant will be saved).

Thus the 1st century church for the first few years WAS the CONTINUATION of true Israel. They were part of the True Vine (John 15.-6). The church WAS ISRAEL.

Then it began to receive Gentile proselytes as Israel had always done and they became a part of the true Israel. This was why there was all the  argument about circumcision. Thus ISRAEL CONTINUED in the church, the believers in the Messiah. Unbelieving Israel CEASED to be Israel.

The promises apply to the continuation of the true Israel (Gal 3.29). Unbelieving Israel has no part in them. They are cast off.

Fat:

--- Quote from: petrobb on November 18, 2015, 09:16:57 am ---What you fail to understand is that during Jesus life and after the death of Jesus Israel divided into two parts, Israel who believed in the Messiah, and the unbelieving Israel which rejected Him.

As Paul makes clear in Rom 11.12-24 unbelieving Israel was cut off from the olive tree of Israel (Jer 11.16) leaving believing Israel as the  true remnant (as Paul quote later only a remnant will be saved).

Thus the 1st century church for the first few years WAS the CONTINUATION of true Israel. They were part of the True Vine (John 15.-6). The church WAS ISRAEL.

Then it began to receive Gentile proselytes as Israel had always done and they became a part of the true Israel. This was why there was all the  argument about circumcision. Thus ISRAEL CONTINUED in the church, the believers in the Messiah. Unbelieving Israel CEASED to be Israel.

The promises apply to the continuation of the true Israel (Gal 3.29). Unbelieving Israel has no part in them. They are cast off.

--- End quote ---

Rom 11
 17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,
18 do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in."
20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version