Author Topic: Show us the Father  (Read 1071 times)

biblebuf

Show us the Father
« on: May 05, 2015, 12:08:10 am »
Show us the Father

Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!" But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!" (Exo. 33:18, 20 ) No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him. (John 1:18 )

They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. (Rev. 22:4 )
BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen. (Rev 1:7 ) "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near; A star shall come forth from Jacob, A scepter shall rise from Israel, And shall crush through the forehead of Moab, And tear down all the sons of Sheth. (Num. 24:17 ) Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (Mat 5:8) They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven. (Act 1:11)
"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth. "Even after my skin is destroyed, Yet from my flesh I shall see God;(Job 19:25, 26 ) As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake. (Psa. 17:15 ) Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. (1 John 3:2 ) For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. (1 Thes. 4:16, 17) Thus says the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel and its Holy One, To the despised One, To the One abhorred by the nation, To the Servant of rulers, "Kings will see and arise, Princes will also bow down, Because of the LORD who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel who has chosen You." (Isa 49:7) and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. (Exo 24:10)

Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long  with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '? (Joh 14:9)

overseer

Re: Show us the Father
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 06:32:27 pm »

We know that God is a spirit, and spirits, we cannot see them with our eyes, but we are able to sense their presence, that if we are awaken spiritually.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 06:47:48 pm »

We know that God is a spirit, and spirits, we cannot see them with our eyes, but we are able to sense their presence, that if we are awaken spiritually.

Are angels spirits?
Luke 2:8-20

macuser

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:33:29 am »
Are angels spirits?
Luke 2:8-20

We see God's  mindset or essence in Christ. The Word ( Strong's Number:   3056) became (flesh) Christ. BB, in an earlier post, shows that this is not seen by the eyes,  remember you shall know them by their fruits.

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 04:00:41 am »
Those who saw Jesus saw the Father.

JB Horn

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 05:13:39 pm »
Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him

Amen!