Author Topic: A High Priest Who Can Sympathize With Our Weaknesses  (Read 709 times)

biblebuf

A High Priest Who Can Sympathize With Our Weaknesses
« on: May 10, 2015, 11:51:16 pm »
A High Priest Who Can Sympathize With Our Weaknesses

Jesus wept. (John 11:35 )
Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. (Mat 9:36)
 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. (Heb. 4:15 ) He was despised and forsaken of men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. (Isa. 53:3 ) For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings. (Heb. 2:10 ) Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. (Heb. 5:8 ) I feel compassion for the people because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat. (Mar 8:2) When He approached Jerusalem, He saw the city and wept over it (Luk 19:41)
The Lord GOD has opened My ear; And I was not disobedient Nor did I turn back. I gave My back to those who strike Me, And My cheeks to those who pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting. (Isa. 50:5, 6 )
We all know that Jesus came to help the descendants of Abraham, not to help the angels. Therefore, it was necessary for Jesus to be in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. He then could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. (Heb. 2:16, 17 )

Fat

Re: A High Priest Who Can Sympathize With Our Weaknesses
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 04:44:50 am »
For 33 years He was one of us.

John 1:14