Author Topic: How was Saul saved in Acts 9:6 ??  (Read 6744 times)

dan p

How was Saul saved in Acts 9:6 ??
« on: January 11, 2012, 05:27:49 pm »
 Hi to all , and ever since Sunday School , I have been taught that Saul was struck down by a bright light and was asked by Jesus , "  it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks "   and use it as and application for today .

Here is what I see :

#1 , What Gospel did Jesus preach to SAUL ?

#2 , The Gospel of the Kingdom ?

#3, I say SAUL  was saved by Grace !!

#4 , Then the question , was SAUL  water baptized ?

#5 , I believe that the Key to Acts 9:6 is when SAUL  calls Jesus  LORD/KURIOS  and 1 Cor 12:3 explain why  SAUL  was saved .

#6 , 1 Cor 12 :13  explains why  SAUL  was the first  ONE  saved by Grace and shows why  SAUL  was the first member of the Body of Christ !!

dan p

biblebuf

Re: How was Saul saved in Acts 9:6 ??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 10:22:26 am »
What Gospel did Jesus preach to SAUL ?
The same gospel that he (Paul) preached to us.

Was SAUL  water baptized
?
Both by the Holy Spirit and by water.

17 So Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he regained his sight, and he got up and was baptized;

It's clear that he was first baptized by the Spirit and then got up and was baptized by water. He spent the rest of his life preaching both baptisms.
1 Cor 12 :13  explains why  SAUL  was the first  ONE  saved by Grace and shows why  SAUL  was the first member of the Body of Christ !!

Disagree with you!!!

Luke 23:39-43

dan p

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 11:42:36 am »
 Hi , and the  Context  does not show water at all !!

Give a verse that shows the what Jesus told SAUL  was the same as what the 12 preached ?

dan p

dan p

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 12:00:02 pm »
 Hi , and here is what you missed in Acts 9:6 !!

SAUL  called Jesus  LORD/KURIOS /JEHOVAH   in verse 6  , as SAUL  said  "  Lord , what wilt thou have me do "  ???

1 Cor 12:3 , That no man calles Jesus  LORD/KURIOS/JEHOVAH   that no man can say that Jesus is LORD  , BUT   by the Holy Spirit !!

Is means that at that point in time  ( Acts 9:6  )   SAUL  was saved .

There is no water , by context in Acts 17 !!

This means that SAUL  was saved by Grace by the context , as Jesus did not preach  Repentance and water Baptism to  SAUL and your position is no position at all ,   dan p

biblebuf

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 12:08:11 pm »
Hi , and the  Context  does not show water at all !!

Give a verse that shows the what Jesus told SAUL  was the same as what the 12 preached ?

dan p

This is Pauls account of what happen.

Acts 22:11-21
11 "Since I couldn't see because of the brightness of that light, I was led by the hand by those who were with me, and came into Damascus. 12 Someone named Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good reputation with all the Jews residing there, 13 came to me, stood by me, and said, 'Brother Saul, regain your sight.' And in that very hour I looked up and saw him. 14 Then he said, 'The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will, to see the Righteous One, and to hear the sound of His voice. 15 For you will be a witness for Him to all people of what you have seen and heard. 16 And now, why delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins by calling on His name.' 17 "After I came back to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple complex, I went into a visionary state 18 and saw Him telling me, 'Hurry and get out of Jerusalem quickly, because they will not accept your testimony about Me!' 19 "But I said, 'Lord, they know that in synagogue after synagogue I had those who believed in You imprisoned and beaten. 20 And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was being shed, I myself was standing by and approving, and I guarded the clothes of those who killed him.' 21 "Then He said to me, 'Go, because I will send you far away to the Gentiles.' "

dan p

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 12:45:14 pm »
 Hi , and Paul was never water baptized and have not shown it !!

Why not comment on Acts 9:6 or verse 17 , and water is never mentioned at all !!

dan p

biblebuf

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 12:54:51 pm »
Hi , and Paul was never water baptized and have not shown it !!

Why not comment on Acts 9:6 or verse 17 , and water is never mentioned at all !!

dan p

Accualy I have, Acts 22:11-21 is clear, and I don't parse the bible.

dan p

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 02:36:14 pm »
 Hi , and to bad , because the verb tense is the most important part of understanding the bible and anyone can go to the internet to check verb tenses and I have a translation that does it for me and have a friend who helps me ,  dan p

dan p

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 03:38:30 pm »
Hi and I just checked Acts 9:6 and there 8 verb tenses ;

#1 , he trembling ,  TREMO
 #2 , Astonished , THAMBEO
 #3 , Said , EIPON
#4 , Wilt thou have me do , THELO
#5 , tO DO , POIEO
#6 , Go , EISERCHOMAI
#7 , It shall be told thee , LALEO  ,  in the Future tense
#8 , Arise , ANISTEMI

All are either in the Aorist or Present tense , except #7 , which is in the future tense .

Learn how to find them , like in the BLUE LETTER BIBLE  and you will learn more , beyond your expectation  and you will be rewarded !!    dan p

biblebuf

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »
Hi , and to bad , because the verb tense is the most important part of understanding the bible and anyone can go to the internet to check verb tenses and I have a translation that does it for me and have a friend who helps me ,  dan p

Read the verses.
Acts 22:11-21

biblebuf

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 03:43:11 pm »
Hi and I just checked Acts 9:6 and there 8 verb tenses ;

#1 , he trembling ,  TREMO
 #2 , Astonished , THAMBEO
 #3 , Said , EIPON
#4 , Wilt thou have me do , THELO
#5 , tO DO , POIEO
#6 , Go , EISERCHOMAI
#7 , It shall be told thee , LALEO  ,  in the Future tense
#8 , Arise , ANISTEMI

All are either in the Aorist or Present tense , except #7 , which is in the future tense .

Learn how to find them , like in the BLUE LETTER BIBLE  and you will learn more , beyond your expectation  and you will be rewarded !!    dan p

Paul makes it clear in Acts 22:11-21, read the verses

dan p

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 04:04:31 pm »
 Hi have read the verses and do you understand Acts 9:6 ???   dan p

Moss

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:20 pm »
Hi have read the verses and do you understand Acts 9:6 ???   dan p

I think BB has you here Dan. Act 22:16 is an account of Paul's baptism with water.

dan p

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 10:38:13 am »
Hi , and what is not understood is 1 Cor 12:3 , showing that Saul was already Baptized by the Holy Spirit , in A cts 9:6 or  BAPTIZO/PLACED   into the Body of Christ .

BAPTIZO  can be translated  PLACED  in 1 Cor 12:13 !!

Just for your information , there are 12 different kinds of Baptisms in the Old Testament .

Just  ONE  example , in 1 Cor 10:2 , "  and were all BAPTIZO/PLACED   unto Moses in the Cloud and in the Sea "  , so where is the water ??

But in Acts 9:17  , Ananais lays his hands on  SAUL  and  SAUL  is BAPTIZO , IN VERSE 18 .

But verse 17 says what and how  SAUL was Baptized with !!.

It says "  be fiilled with  Holy Spirit " !!!

Notice that in the Greek text , as it says in my KJV ,  " be filled with ( the )  Holy Spirit , is not correct !!

The correct Greek text has  , "  be filled with Holy Spirit "  as the Greek article  (  the )  is not in the Greek text !!

This means that is is not talking about the  Inwelling or person of the Holy Spirit , but Saul is  FILLED   with the POWER  of the Holy Spirit ,

I have a book with about, 100 verses where the Greek article shoild not be in the KJV , FOR THE GREEK aRTICLE POINTS TO A VERY  " SPECIFIC  "  THING , AND WHAT i HAVE WRITTEN CAN BE CHECKED EASILY .

So , we see that  SAUL  was Baptized twice .

This means that Saul was BAPTIZO/PLACED  into the Body of Christ as 1 Cor 12:13 says and then Baptized with the POWER  of the Holy Spirit , which are 2 different things .

This  happens to all that are saved today under the preaching of Grace ,  dan p

biblebuf

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 11:32:01 am »
Hi , and what is not understood is 1 Cor 12:3 , showing that Saul was already Baptized by the Holy Spirit , in A cts 9:6 or  BAPTIZO/PLACED   into the Body of Christ .

BAPTIZO  can be translated  PLACED  in 1 Cor 12:13 !!

Just for your information , there are 12 different kinds of Baptisms in the Old Testament .

Just  ONE  example , in 1 Cor 10:2 , "  and were all BAPTIZO/PLACED   unto Moses in the Cloud and in the Sea "  , so where is the water ??

But in Acts 9:17  , Ananais lays his hands on  SAUL  and  SAUL  is BAPTIZO , IN VERSE 18 .

But verse 17 says what and how  SAUL was Baptized with !!.

It says "  be fiilled with  Holy Spirit " !!!

Notice that in the Greek text , as it says in my KJV ,  " be filled with ( the )  Holy Spirit , is not correct !!

The correct Greek text has  , "  be filled with Holy Spirit "  as the Greek article  (  the )  is not in the Greek text !!

This means that is is not talking about the  Inwelling or person of the Holy Spirit , but Saul is  FILLED   with the POWER  of the Holy Spirit ,

I have a book with about, 100 verses where the Greek article shoild not be in the KJV , FOR THE GREEK aRTICLE POINTS TO A VERY  " SPECIFIC  "  THING , AND WHAT i HAVE WRITTEN CAN BE CHECKED EASILY .

So , we see that  SAUL  was Baptized twice .

This means that Saul was BAPTIZO/PLACED  into the Body of Christ as 1 Cor 12:13 says and then Baptized with the POWER  of the Holy Spirit , which are 2 different things .

This  happens to all that are saved today under the preaching of Grace ,  dan p
Listen friend you ask if Paul was baptized with water and I showed you he was. It is understood that all Christians are baptized by Christ with the Holy Ghost at the time they receive their salvation, as we were told by John the Baptist.

WHAT IS YOU PROBLEM???