Author Topic: Luke 4:22-23  (Read 1318 times)

clark thompson

Luke 4:22-23
« on: June 12, 2015, 08:15:41 pm »
Luke 4:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.

Luke 4:22-23
CLV 22 And all testified of Him and marveled at the gracious words which are issuing out of His mouth. And they said, "Is not this Joseph's son? 23 And He said to them, "Undoubtedly you will be declaring to Me this parable: 'Physician, cure yourself!' 'Whatever we hear occurring in Capernaum do here also in your own country.'"

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

22 Joseph’s son, if only they knew some would and later believe, it would have been accepted that He was the son of Joseph rather than the Son of God, it is easier to believe but He is the Son of God, they were amazed at what He said and some would know He was not the Son of Joseph it just would take the Spirit working their hearts.

23 The people later would want this but they would not faith in Him just see Him as miracle worker.

Fat

Re: Luke 4:22-23
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 08:49:19 am »

They saw and did not believe.

To Thomas
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (John‬ 20‬:29‬ NASB)

Hal

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 02:53:50 pm »
Compare the people of Jesus hometown and the people of the Gentile town of Samaria.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 08:31:20 am »
Compare the people of Jesus hometown and the people of the Gentile town of Samaria.

This makes the point that all we can do is give the message, the gospel, after that the work has to be done by the Holy Ghost, it is His work of salvation not ours.