Author Topic: Luke 4:24-27  (Read 829 times)

clark thompson

Luke 4:24-27
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:46:09 pm »
Luke 4:24-27 King James Version (KJV)
24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

Luke 4:24-27
ACV 24 And he said, Truly I say to you, that not one prophet is acceptable in his fatherland. 25 But in truth I say to you, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the sky was shut up for three years and six months, when a great famine occurred on all the land. 26 And Elijah was sent to none of them, except to Zarephath, to a widow woman of Sidon. 27 And many lepers were in Israel near Elisha the prophet, and none of them was cleansed, except Naaman the Syrian.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

24 This was true for even Him, He would be rejected by His own people, some people who know us the most are often times the hardest to witness to.

25 This is scripture it was in the bible one of the scrolls of the prophets. The skies were shut because of their lack of faith in the Lord, the lack of rain caused the famine.

26 This was outside Israel sometimes outside the Jewish faith.

27 The Lord cares for everyone, He loved us while we were still sinners.

biblebuf

Re: Luke 4:24-27
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 11:52:50 pm »
Rom 10:19 Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, "I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding."

Rom 11:11 I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.

Hal

Re: Luke 4:24-27
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 07:24:35 am »
 I believe that one of the reasons it is so hard for a prophet to be excepted by his neighbors, is the jealousy factor.
 Is much easier to accept a stranger as a prophet  then to accept someone you've known all your life.