Author Topic: The power of sin is the law, from the thoughts of the heart  (Read 922 times)

biblebuf

The power of sin is the law, from the thoughts of the heart

For there is no partiality with God. For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, (Romans 2:11-15)

Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin. (James 4:17)

Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. (Gen 6:5)

But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin. (Rom 14:23)

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. (Mat 15:19)

Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. (1Jo 3:4)

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law (1Co 15:56)

The LORD said, "Because they have forsaken My law which I set before them, and have not obeyed My voice nor walked according to it, (Jer 9:13)

For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. (Romans 7:14)

All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death. (1Jo 5:17)

JB Horn

Re: The power of sin is the law, from the thoughts of the heart
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:08:57 am »
The law convicts everyone, Jew or Gentile. You hear Christians say all the time that they are not bond to follow the law, what did Christ say about the law?

matthew 5 - 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

And yes the law is broken with the heart :'(