Author Topic: One week as 7 years????  (Read 12081 times)

Proa42

One week as 7 years????
« on: January 16, 2012, 04:55:43 pm »
So, how do we know from scripture (not popular commentary), the 70 weeks of Daniel is interpreted correctly to be 70 periods of 7 years?

Remember - no "commentary" reference allowed.

Oh yeah - "It just is" is not a valid answer either. :)

biblebuf

Re: One week as 7 years????
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 06:06:51 pm »
So, how do we know from scripture (not popular commentary), the 70 weeks of Daniel is interpreted correctly to be 70 periods of 7 years?

Oh yeah - "It just is" is not a valid answer either. :)

We know from Scripture because Christ accepted it as fact. But the big clue is we have the hind sight to see when the Messiah will be cut off and we see it was 483 years. 483 divided by 7 = 69.

Proa42

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:37:00 pm »
So, where might I find that in scripture - you know, part about "Christ accepted it"?

I guarantee you, there is a very clear teaching regarding this and it is within the word.

Study to show your self approved a workman who needs not be ashamed.

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »
So, where might I find that in scripture - you know, part about "Christ accepted it"?

I guarantee you, there is a very clear teaching regarding this and it is within the word.

Study to show your self approved a workman who needs not be ashamed.

OH GEE PROA42 I was sure that Christ told us that He was the Messiah.   John 4:25-26, Matthew 16:16-18

And again when was He cut off (how many years?)

Your trouble my friend is you only see what you want to see in the Scriptures. If the conclusion is not come to by the way it has been chosen by you it cannot be correct in your mind.

And my mom use to call me stubborn.

Proa42

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 03:13:35 pm »
Too bad you don't want to apply yourself. This is not about whether Jesus is The Christ.

It's about knowing the Word.

Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

Fat

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:08:13 pm »
Too bad you don't want to apply yourself. This is not about whether Jesus is The Christ.

It's about knowing the Word.

Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

BB is right you read the bible with blinders on. You ask a question and got a correct answer, it may not be the one you want but it is biblical correct.

Proa42

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:34:39 pm »
As said, "It's too bad you don't want to apply yourselves."

You've answered nothing, nor advanced yourselves in the slightest.

True it is, that I read the bible with blinders on.
I think you don't know what the purpose of blinders are. You see, horses wear blinders so they focus on the road ahead are not distracted by whats going on to the left or right. In that you are surely correct, and I boast myself to be in blinders.

I leave you to tickle each others ears.

Christopher_John

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 04:52:44 am »
Pro42,
I find your knowledge to be comical at best, the Prophecy eludes you because you have not been given the gift to understand scripture.  The prophecy of the 70 weeks is beyond your comprehension as Christ himself referred to Daniel and the destruction of the temple.  If Christ made reference to a Prophet then He fully supported that Prophet as being a true Prophet.

Matthew 24

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation, spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand.

Clearly as spoken by the words of Christ Himself..you are not in understanding.

C.J.

Proa42

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 01:38:02 pm »
It is clear you can't answer the simple question. You are either not willing or unable to learn. You are comfortable in blind belief and anything that you perceive as a threat, you treat as such - much to your loss.

I know the prophecy. I know it is about 490 years.

This is not about that. You children have a lot to learn.  And, that's what this thread was meant to be - a learning opportunity.

You all are in such fear that you immediately go into a defensive posture when you perceive your territory is threatened. Anyone who has ever observed great apes in a territorial defense display will recognize the debris tossing and attack postures displayed here.

Fat

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 03:37:44 pm »
It is clear you can't answer the simple question. You are either not willing or unable to learn. You are comfortable in blind belief and anything that you perceive as a threat, you treat as such - much to your loss.

I know the prophecy. I know it is about 490 years.

This is not about that. You children have a lot to learn.  And, that's what this thread was meant to be - a learning opportunity.

You all are in such fear that you immediately go into a defensive posture when you perceive your territory is threatened. Anyone who has ever observed great apes in a territorial defense display will recognize the debris tossing and attack postures displayed here.

Over the years we have put up with a lot of that ape dung of yours because you are an old fart stuck in his ways.

Quote from:  Proa42

Oh yeah - "It just is" is not a valid answer either.

It's been answerred by three people, now take your meds.

VCO

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 12:45:53 pm »
Daniel 9:25-26 (HCSB)
25 Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince will be seven weeks and 62 weeks. It will be rebuilt with a plaza and a moat, but in difficult times.
26 After those 62 weeks the Messiah will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the coming prince will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come with a flood, and until the end there will be war; desolations are decreed.

NOTE:  It does not say Messiah the KING, because the KING would be riding a white horse, but the Messiah the Prince road into Jerusalem on a donkey.  What does "cut off" mean?  It means killed.

Fat

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 07:11:01 pm »
Daniel 9:25-26 (HCSB)
25 Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince will be seven weeks and 62 weeks. It will be rebuilt with a plaza and a moat, but in difficult times.
26 After those 62 weeks the Messiah will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the coming prince will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come with a flood, and until the end there will be war; desolations are decreed.

NOTE:  It does not say Messiah the KING, because the KING would be riding a white horse, but the Messiah the Prince road into Jerusalem on a donkey.  What does "cut off" mean?  It means killed.

There is only one Messiah and He shall appear on a white horse the second coming.

Cut off also means to take away.

The people of the coming prince will destroy the city and the sanctuary
= The Romans. So who is the coming prince?

VCO

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 07:43:13 pm »
That is EXACTLY what the Jews did not understand.  Messiah had to come as Prince first and then LATER HE will come as KING.

Daniel 9:26 (HCSB)
26 After those 62 weeks the Messiah will be cut off . . .

Isaiah 53:8 (HCSB)
8 He was taken away because of oppression and judgment; and who considered His fate? For He was cut off from the land of the living; He was struck because of my people’s rebellion.

Zechariah 9:9 (NASB)
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, Humble, and mounted on a donkey, Even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Dan. 9:26a. The 62 “sevens” (434 years) extend up to the introduction of the Messiah to the nation Israel. This second period concluded on the day of the Triumphal Entry just before Christ was cut off, that is, crucified.—Bible Knowledge Commentary

ZOLA LEVITT - "Daniel the Prophet and the 70 weeks of Daniel"

http://www.levitt.tv/media/watch/138

Fat

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 01:12:35 pm »

Isaiah 53:8 (HCSB)
8 He was taken away because of oppression and judgment; and who considered His fate? For He was cut off from the land of the living; He was struck because of my people’s rebellion.

John 16 7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away ; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Yes cut off from the land of the living (earth), but He conquered death so for you there is no death.

So who is the coming prince in Daniel 9:26?

Do you have any comment about the flood mentioned?

VCO

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »
GOD the SON when He came as GOD in the mortal flesh, His 33 years in the flesh we know as JESUS CHRIST, was the coming Messiah the Prince in Daniel 9:25, JUST AS JESUS in His Resurrected GLORIFIED immortal flesh is the coming KING in Rev. 19:16.

When the Anointed One would be cut off, Daniel was told, he would have nothing. The word translated “cut off” is used of executing the death penalty on a criminal. Thus the prophecy clearly points to the crucifixion of Christ. At His crucifixion He would “have nothing” in the sense that Israel had rejected Him and the kingdom could not be instituted at that time. Therefore He did not then receive the royal glory as the King on David’s throne over Israel. John referred to this when he wrote, “He came to that which was His own [i.e., the throne to which He had been appointed by the Father] but His own [i.e., His own people] did not receive Him” (John 1:11). Daniel’s prophecy, then, anticipated Christ’s offer of Himself to the nation Israel as her Messiah, the nation’s rejection of Him as Messiah, and His crucifixion.
—Bible Knowledge Commentary

Now as for "the prince to come" in Daniel 9:26-27, most say it is the leader of the final world Empire referred to in Dan. 2:42, which is actually a revival of the Iron Legs Empire, that we know as the Roman Empire, but it is weaker because it is made up of several kingdoms.  NOTICE that the European Union has not picked a single ruler yet, BUT I believe the Bible clearly indicates that they will.  Now is "the prince to come" that man who ascends to that Position, or is he the Satanic being that possesses and controls that man?  I believe it is a reference to the Devil trying to rule the world through the final world Empire's leader, and right now the stage seems to be set for that to be the European Union. 

The best sermon series on that subject that I know of, even though they are old sermons from 1979 and 1980, are still those by Dr. John MacArthur, Jr. - "the Rise and Fall of the World":  http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/27-07/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-world-part-1  and for a specific exposition of Dan. 9:26-27, I recommend his sermon entitled "Israel's Future, Part 3":     http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/27-26/israels-future-part-3