Author Topic: One week as 7 years????  (Read 12089 times)

Fat

Re: One week as 7 years????
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 07:27:08 pm »
"Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood ; even to the end there will be war ; desolations are determined.(NAS)

The people that destroy the city and the sanctuary were from the Roman Empire. At that time it included Turkey. The reason I mention Turkey is that Daniel 11:40 tells us that he will come from the north. There's no doubt in my mind that we are talking about the antichrist, and it is most likely that he will come from Turkey. Of course it is possible that he could come from northern Israel being that it was also part of the Roman Empire at the time the city and the sanctuary was destroyed.

I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture so I don't believe that I will ever see this man on earth.

So what are your thoughts on the flood mentioned in verse 26?

VCO

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 12:21:31 pm »
Who ever it is, I believe he will be invited to rule over the European Union, which is the revived Roman Empire.  In Dan. 9:27 it points out that he will be so popular, amongst the Jews and Palestinians, that he will be able to secure a seven year Peace Treaty.  It could be that he is a financial wizard that saves everyone economics when it appears that their economies will totally collapse.  So he is the conqueror with a bow and no arrows, which symbolizes that he will take over peacefully.  However 3.5 years later he becomes the most blood thirsty Dictator that will ever live.  He marches into the rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem, into the Holy of Holies, demands to be worshipped as god, and beheads any and all that refuse to bow to him and take his mark as a symbol of their allegiance.

VCO

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 06:49:52 pm »
Quote from: fat
I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture so I don't believe that I will ever see this man on earth.

So what are your thoughts on the flood mentioned in verse Dan. 9:26? 

I also believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, because it is the only thing that fits the Jewish Wedding traditions; and we are getting called out to go to the Wedding of the Lamb.

As for the flood in Dan. 9:26, it says the end will come with a flood; but I do not see that as additional Noah type heavey rains and water bursting out of the ground flood.  GOD keeps his promises and the Rainbows in the skys are the sign of that.  Will there be a different type of flood?  YES.  Just like a flash flood shows no mercy on anyone caught in the Valley, so it will be on the Great Day of His Wrath.  And because of HIS no mercy Wrath on that day, there will be a flood in that Valley.

Revelation 14:19-20 (GW)
19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth and gathered the grapes from the vine of the earth. He threw them into the winepress of God's anger.
20 The grapes were trampled in the winepress outside the city. Blood flowed out of the winepress as high as a horse's bridle for 1,600 stadia {approximately 184 miles}.

Fat

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 07:37:39 pm »
Like you said that there are many kinds of floods you think this'll do?

Daniel 11:22 A flood of forces will be swept away before him; they will be shattered, as well as the covenant prince.

Defacto

• WWII Vet
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 07:26:34 am »
So, how do we know from scripture (not popular commentary), the 70 weeks of Daniel is interpreted correctly to be 70 periods of 7 years?

Remember - no "commentary" reference allowed.

Oh yeah - "It just is" is not a valid answer either. :)

In the following, the reason for the 70 Week prophecy in Dan.9:24-27 is recorded in the following, together with the seven years per week formula.

Israel's Sabbatical Year

In reaching a correct understanding of Daniel 9:24-27, it is necessary to understand the circumstances that occasioned the giving of this revelation by God to Daniel. No one questions that it relates to Israel’s Babylonian captivity for failure to observe the sabbatical year, given to Israel by the Lord. But how does that relate to the 70-weeks prophecy? As part of the stipulations in the Mosaic Law Code, Israel was to let her land lay fallow every seventh year.

“Speak to the sons of Israel, and say to them, ‘When you come into the land which I shall give you, then the land shall have a sabbath to the Lord. Six years you shall sow your field, and six years you shall prune your vineyard and gather in its crop, but during the seventh year the land shall have a sabbath rest, a sabbath to the LORD; you shall not sow your field nor prune your vineyard. Your harvest’s aftergrowth you shall not reap, and your grapes of untrimmed vines you shall not gather; the land shall have a sabbatical year. And all of you shall have the sabbath products of the land for food; yourself, and your male and female slaves, and your hired man and your foreign resident, those who live as aliens with you’” (Lev. 25:2-6).

Leviticus 26 provides the sanctions that God would impose upon Israel for the years that they did not obey the specifications of a sabbatical year.

"Then the land will enjoy its sabbaths all the days of the desolation, while you are in your enemies’ land; then the land will rest and enjoy its sabbaths. All the days of its desolation it will observe the rest which it did not observe on your sabbaths, while you were living on it." (Lev. 26:34-35).

"For the land shall be abandoned by them, and shall make up for its sabbaths while it is made desolate without them. They, meanwhile, shall be making amends for their iniquity, because they rejected My ordinances and their soul abhorred My statutes." (Lev. 26:43).

The Lord clearly revealed to Israel on how they were keeping or not keeping His Law in the historical book of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles and why Israel was sent away to Babylon for 70 years in the following passage:

"And those who had escaped from the sword he carried away to Babylon; and they were servants to him and to his sons until the rule of the kingdom of Persia, to fulfill the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed its sabbaths. all the days of its desolation it kept sabbath until seventy years were complete." (2 Chr. 36:20-21).
What passage in Jeremiah was the statement in Chronicles referring to? The following two references provide the answer.

And this whole land shall be a desolation and a horror, and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years (Jer. 25:11).

For thus says the Lord, “When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place.” (Jer. 29:10).

It is clear from the above passages that God had a specific reason behind the deportation of the Southern Kingdom (Judah) to Babylon for 70 years. This would mean that Israel violated the sabbatical year 70 times. The Jews entered the Promised Land around 1450 b.c. and were deported to Babylon around 600 b.c. This means that they were in the land about 850 years before the Babylonian deportation. Had they disobeyed the sabbatical year commandment every seventh year, it would mean that they should have been in captivity for more than 121 years. Instead, they were held captive for 70 years, meaning that they were disobedient for only 490 of the 850 years in the land. This would mean that there were breaks or gaps in the accumulation of the 490 years, during the 850-year period, that resulted in Israel’s 70-year captivity. Why is this important? Because many of the critics of the literal interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27 insist that it is unreasonable to have gaps in that 490-year period. Which is false, since there were many gaps in the 490-year period related to the Babylonian Captivity.

Defacto
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 07:30:47 am by Defacto »