Author Topic: For Those Whom The Lord Loves He Disciplines  (Read 1461 times)

biblebuf

For Those Whom The Lord Loves He Disciplines
« on: August 14, 2015, 10:58:23 pm »
For Those Whom The Lord Loves He Disciplines

Hebrews 12: 5 - 7 and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons, "MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD, NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM; FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES, AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES." It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?

Proverbs 27: 5 Better is open rebuke Than love that is concealed.

Job 34: 31 - 32 "For has anyone said to God, 'I have borne chastisement; I will not offend anymore;  Teach me what I do not see; If I have done iniquity, I will not do it again'?     

Psalms 119: 75 I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are righteous, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Proverbs 3: 11 My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD Or loathe His reproof,

Job 5: 17 "Behold, how happy is the man whom God reproves, So do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. 

Ecclesiastes 7: 5 It is better to listen to the rebuke of a wise man Than for one to listen to the song of fools.

Revelation 3: 19 'Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

Psalms 94: 12 Blessed is the man whom You chasten, O LORD, And whom You teach out of Your law;

2 Samuel 7: 14 "I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men,

gregariousguy

Re: For Those Whom The Lord Loves He Disciplines
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:56:32 pm »
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

I submit the scripture is the reproof and correction of our day and time.

macuser

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 02:12:40 pm »
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

I submit the scripture is the reproof and correction of our day and time.

We (USA) have become the Romans 1 nation.

gregariousguy

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 07:21:18 am »
We (USA) have become the Romans 1 nation.

Most of Europe was at the same point long before America...shameful, but accurate.