Author Topic: Luke 5:8-11  (Read 1223 times)

clark thompson

Luke 5:8-11
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:19:13 pm »
Luke 5:8-11 King James Version (KJV)
8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:
10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.
11 And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.

A Voice In The Wilderness Bible

Luke 5:8-11
5:8
5:9 For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish which they had taken;
5:10 and so also were Jacob and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, Do not fear. From now on you will be taking men alive.
5:11 So when they had brought their boats to land, they forsook all and followed Him.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 This is when Peter saw the power Jesus had which was shown to him by the catching us fish, Peter could have been skeptical but had faith in who Him. Peter knew he was unworthy to have the Lord in His presence as we all are but He loves keeps Him trying and for those of us who accept Him know is love is what gives us hope thru His grace.

9 The catch was going to sink the two boats, this was done after a day of fishing, and it is likely Jesus had every fish in the lake go into the nets to show them His power.

10 We see that John and James Andrew and Peter worked together so they were very familiar with each other when they went to follow after Jesus. They were going to be used to bring people to the Lord; we are to catch men for Jesus as well.

11 They left everything and follow after Jesus, this was a full commitment. Jesus does not want us to commit ourselves to Him in part but all of us to Him.

Fat

Re: Luke 5:8-11
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:33:21 am »
The miracle that I see here is not the large catch of fish but the fishermen leaving their life as fishermen, that their families did for generations, to follow a man they just met.

petrobb

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 11:49:06 am »
whist it was certainly wonderful, they had not just met Him for the first time. They had been with Him as disciples of John (John 1.35-42).

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 10:51:36 am »
It was much easier for the fisherman to give up their way of life than it was for the rich leader to give everything to the poor and follow Christ.

Remember the comparison of the camel in the eye of the needle.