Author Topic: The Mystery of the Trinity, Thomas Adams  (Read 782 times)

macuser

The Mystery of the Trinity, Thomas Adams
« on: December 06, 2015, 11:31:31 pm »
The Mystery of the Trinity
When the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:4-7

“It was reported of Alanus, that he promised his audience to discourse the next Sunday more clearly of the Trinity, and to make plain that mystery. While he was studying the point by the seaside, he spied a boy very busy with a little spoon trudging often between the sea and a small hole he had dug in the ground. Alanus asked him what he was doing.
“The boy answered, ‘I intend to bring all the sea into this pit.’
“Alanus replied, ‘Why do you attempt such impossibilities, and waste your time?’
“The boy answered, ‘So do you, Alanus. I will as likely bring all the sea into this hole as you bring all the knowledge of the Trinity into your head. They are equally possible. We have begun together, we shall finish together. But of the two endeavors, mine is more hopeful.’”
Thomas Adams

Hal

Re: The Mystery of the Trinity, Thomas Adams
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 12:21:01 pm »
 I like the analogy. I think I'll put my money on the kid. 🕶

Fat

Re: The Mystery of the Trinity, Thomas Adams
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 11:15:20 am »
It's like my dog being able to understand how computers talk to each other.