Author Topic: So that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.  (Read 661 times)

biblebuf

So that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:23:25 pm »
So that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.

Being made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. (Rom. 6:18 )
"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth. (Matt. 6:24 )  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. (Rom 8:2)  For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. (Rom. 6:20-22 ) that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.   (Rom 8:21)  and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."   (Joh 8:32)
  "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.  (Rom. 10:4 )
"If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.  (John 12:26 ) "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."(Matt. 11:29, 30 ) "But the LORD has taken you and brought you out of the iron furnace, from Egypt, to be a people for His own possession, as today. (Deu 4:20 )
O LORD our God, other masters besides You have ruled us; But through You alone we confess Your name.  (Isa. 26:13 ) I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart. (Psa. 119:32 )
and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. (1Pe 2:24)