Author Topic: Our Citizenship Is In Heaven  (Read 1411 times)

biblebuf

Our Citizenship Is In Heaven
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:31:13 pm »
Our Citizenship Is In Heaven

My life is down in the dust; give me life through Your word (Psa. 119:25 )
So if you have been raised with the Messiah, seek what is above, where the Messiah is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on what is above, not on what is on the earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with the Messiah in God (Col. 3:1-3 ) but our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. He will transform the body of our humble condition into the likeness of His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject everything to Himself (Phil. 3:20, 21 )  Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.   (1 Cor 15:49)
For the flesh desires what is against the Spirit, and the Spirit desires what is against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you don’t do what you want. (Gal. 5:17 ) So then, brothers, we are not obligated to the flesh to live according to the flesh, for if you live according to the flesh, you are going to die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (Rom. 8:12, 13 ) Dear friends, I urge you as strangers and temporary residents to abstain from fleshly desires that war against you.  (1 Pet. 2:11 ) in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. (2 Tim 4:8 )
For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven,   (2 Cor 5:2)

Fat

Re: Our Citizenship Is In Heaven
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 10:05:16 am »
 Thank you Jesus for the passport.  CU soon⛪️✨

Moss

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:56:35 pm »
Eternity is not something the human mind can fully comprehend. The short time you're on earth, and these earthly bodies, is less than the nano second of our remaining time in our new eternal life. Why someone would want to invest so much and so hard in that nano second that we will remain on this earth makes no sense to me at all. Unless of course they really don't believe there is life after death, or eternal existence of the soul.

JB Horn

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 10:50:40 am »
Eternity is not something the human mind can fully comprehend. The short time you're on earth, and these earthly bodies, is less than the nano second of our remaining time in our new eternal life. Why someone would want to invest so much and so hard in that nano second that we will remain on this earth makes no sense to me at all. Unless of course they really don't believe there is life after death, or eternal existence of the soul.

There are only two types of souls, the ones that belong to Christ and the ones that belong to Satan.

Those that belong to Satan live in the flesh no sense of convection of their life.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 06:25:38 pm »
There are only two types of souls, the ones that belong to Christ and the ones that belong to Satan.

Those that belong to Satan live in the flesh no sense of convection of their life.

There are very few who do not have a sense of  Conscience,  I believe most people understand when They do something wrong, but there are those who just ignore that feeling of wrongdoing and refuse to repent.