Author Topic: Luke 5:20-23  (Read 661 times)

clark thompson

Luke 5:20-23
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »
Luke 5:20-23 King James Version (KJV)
20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.
21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?
22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?
23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?

A Voice In The Wilderness Bible
Luke 5:20-23
5:20 And seeing their faith, He said to him, Man, your sins are forgiven you.
5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who is able to forgive sins but God alone?
5:22 But knowing their thoughts, answering Jesus said to them, Why are you reasoning in your hearts?
5:23 Which is easier, to say, Your sins are forgiven you, or to say, Rise up and walk?
These are my thoughts, please share yours.

20 It was understood by the people of that time that sickness or any bad thing that happened to you was because of your sin. Jesus being the Lord had power to forgive sins, the apostles never forgave sin but told that Jesus died so their sins could be forgiven and He is the One who forgives.

21 Only God has power to forgive sins, Jesus was God in the flesh, God in human form, He could forgive sin because of this but they rejected who He is.

22 Jesus knew what they were thinking because He is all knowing. For Him to ask this may have caught them a little off guard.

23 Based on their beliefs what kept this man from walking was his sin so ideally for Jesus to heal him show he not only had power of sickness but over sin as well which showed He is Lord.

macuser

Re: Luke 5:20-23
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 02:13:49 pm »
These verses again prove the trinity as One.
Christ takes care of the soul before the earthly body.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 09:42:28 am »
I agree that these verses show the oneness of the trinity, but it also shows the scribes and Pharisees came to see a miracle, you cannot see sins being forgiven that is an invisible act. Today there are no miracles per se that we can see Christ do, we have to use our faith given to us by the Holy Ghost.

Hal

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 04:40:03 pm »
I agree that these verses show the oneness of the trinity, but it also shows the scribes and Pharisees came to see a miracle, you cannot see sins being forgiven that is an invisible act. Today there are no miracles per se that we can see Christ do, we have to use our faith given to us by the Holy Ghost.

Jesus said, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Those who believe without seeing are blessed