Author Topic: Sin in the Christian Life  (Read 1562 times)

BloodChooser

Sin in the Christian Life
« on: February 19, 2012, 03:59:25 am »
The subject of sin in the Christian life is probably one of the most important that we as Christians can study and understand.  We hate even talking about it with each other and we sure dont want any other Christian to get too close to any of our sin issues because they might look at us in some undesirable way, as if they are paragons of virtue.  Worse, we might be blackballed from whatever religious thing we are involved in.   Im really interested in reading what many of you have to say on this because this subject has been the crux of my study over many years, knowing our eternal soul could hang in the balance.  If the subject sparks enough response and/or interest then I will take it to the floor in Bible Study forum.   Remember...this subject can get hairy;  Most religious people are very unconfortable with this issue...especially ministers who dont want anyone getting too close to the maybe not so holy places in their lives and be looked at with less than adoration.  SO, if anyone dares to dig into the subject, just hold on tight.  ~Smile~

biblebuf

Re: Sin in the Christian Life
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 08:48:44 am »
Christ made it clear that to stop sinning your mind would have to function without anger, desire, or pride. And anything that takes your mind off of God is an idol. 

Sin is in all mans life, it is our nature. The longer you live with the Holy Ghost the less of mans nature you have and the more of Gods nature you acquire.

BB

JB Horn

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 03:51:14 pm »
Professional baseball pitchers try their best to pitch a perfect game but often fail. A Christian by the nature of his regeneration also tries for the perfect game but falls short. Titus 3:5  Rom 8:7     
1 Corinthians 2:14

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:08:58 pm »
The subject of sin in the Christian life is probably one of the most important that we as Christians can study and understand.  We hate even talking about it with each other and we sure dont want any other Christian to get too close to any of our sin issues because they might look at us in some undesirable way, as if they are paragons of virtue.  Worse, we might be blackballed from whatever religious thing we are involved in.   Im really interested in reading what many of you have to say on this because this subject has been the crux of my study over many years, knowing our eternal soul could hang in the balance.  If the subject sparks enough response and/or interest then I will take it to the floor in Bible Study forum.   Remember...this subject can get hairy;  Most religious people are very unconfortable with this issue...especially ministers who dont want anyone getting too close to the maybe not so holy places in their lives and be looked at with less than adoration.  SO, if anyone dares to dig into the subject, just hold on tight.  ~Smile~

I don't know of any Christian that doesn't admit he/she is a sinner, are you thinking of those who try to hide a sinful on going life style that they are hiding from others? I have know that from some that have claim to be Christian but were not, and I have seen others who have come to the church for help from the pastor or the body.

Bob

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 03:03:08 pm »
Any correlation between a churched sinner and the nation of Israel?
Does God rejoice at the return of His chosen?
Did Adam and Eve try to hide their sin from God?

Just some thoughts.