Author Topic: Are you Christ brother?  (Read 1356 times)

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Are you Christ brother?
« on: March 01, 2016, 10:13:31 am »
Hebrews 2

"9. But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone."

"10. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings."

"11. For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,"

Has our adoption made us part of the Trinity family?

Fat

Re: Are you Christ brother?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 11:11:05 pm »
MacArthur made note of this:

Quote from: John MacArthur
He never directly referred to His disciples by the title of “brethren” or “brothers” until after His resurrection.
Not until He had paid the price for their salvation, did they truly become His spiritual brothers and sisters. The use of the term demonstrates His full identification with mankind in order to provide complete redemption .

CowboyGH

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 12:44:52 pm »
These verses are not claiming we are brother's and sister's with Jesus Christ. The verse 10 explains why it says "call THEM brethren". "bringing many sons to glory"

Hebrews 2

"9. But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone."

"10. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings."

"11. For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,"

Has our adoption made us part of the Trinity family?

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 03:01:08 pm »
These verses are not claiming we are brother's and sister's with Jesus Christ. The verse 10 explains why it says "call THEM brethren". "bringing many sons to glory"

Are you a product of your mother and father or of God? Do you cry out Abba? Do you pray to your Father in heaven or someone elses Father?

Romans 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot  please God. 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. 12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh - 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. 18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together  until now. 23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. 24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

Galatians 4:1 Now I say, as long as the heir is a child, he does not differ at all from a slave although he is owner of everything, 2 but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by the father. 3 So also we, while we were children, were held in bondage under the elemental things of the world. 4 But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5 so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6 Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God. 8 However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods. 9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain. 12 I beg of you, brethren, become as I am, for I also have become as you are. You have done me no wrong; 13 but you know that it was because of a bodily illness that I preached the gospel to you the first time; 14 and that which was a trial to you in my bodily condition you did not despise or loathe, but you received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus Himself. 15 Where then is that sense of blessing you had? For I bear you witness that, if possible, you would have plucked out your eyes and given them to me. 16 So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth? 17 They eagerly seek you, not commendably, but they wish to shut you out so that you will seek them. 18 But it is good always to be eagerly sought in a commendable manner, and not only when I am present with you. 19 My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you- 20 but I could wish to be present with you now and to change my tone, for I am perplexed about you.

ZLaw

Moss

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 07:51:13 am »
You have to remember that they referred to things differently back in those days, was Jesus really the son of David? And aren't we all then sons and daughters of Adam and Eve?

CowboyGH

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 09:14:14 am »
You have to remember that they referred to things differently back in those days, was Jesus really the son of David? And aren't we all then sons and daughters of Adam and Eve?

Why would we be sons of David? Marry was a virgin when she conceived Jesus, David didn't have anything to do with it.

"Adam and Eve" are not singular people.

Adam - Can't recall the exact word that derives from, but it means "mankind"... it's not a singular person. There's no set amount of people that may have been, but still is multiple persons.

Eve - means life baring, eg.

Moss

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 09:46:38 am »
Why would we be sons of David? Marry was a virgin when she conceived Jesus, David didn't have anything to do with it.

"Adam and Eve" are not singular people.

Adam - Can't recall the exact word that derives from, but it means "mankind"... it's not a singular person. There's no set amount of people that may have been, but still is multiple persons.

Eve - means life baring, eg.

I take it from your post that you do not believe in the genesis creation story. And you do not believe of one person causing Original Sin?

CowboyGH

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 05:02:40 pm »
I take it from your post that you do not believe in the genesis creation story. And you do not believe of one person causing Original Sin?

There is no longer any such thing as "original sin". Jesus died for that sin and any and all other sins ones may have committed. Sins no longer carry down to the next generation, different covenant laws. We are no longer under that covenant. And why you say I don't believe in the "genesis creation story"?

Genesis never says there was one man and one woman.

CowboyGH

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 05:08:02 pm »
Want you to take a look at the verses for a second too ponder on.

Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Notice it says "and let THEM have dominion"... and this could not have been speaking of female and male as women had not been created yet. But still refers to Adam as "them".

There is no longer any such thing as "original sin". Jesus died for that sin and any and all other sins ones may have committed. Sins no longer carry down to the next generation, different covenant laws. We are no longer under that covenant. And why you say I don't believe in the "genesis creation story"?

Moss

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 08:51:26 pm »

Want you to take a look at the verses for a second too ponder on.

Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Notice it says "and let THEM have dominion"... and this could not have been speaking of female and male as women had not been created yet. But still refers to Adam as "them".

The "original sin" is why you will experience the first death.

Gen 2:16.  The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;  17.  but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."   

Gen 5:5.  So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years, and he died.

1 Cor 15:22  For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. …….45.  So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

There was one man and one woman.

Gen 2:7 Then the Lord God formed the man out of the dust from the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being………22.  The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23.  The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."

How many people did God kick out of Eden? and how many skin coats did God make (And Jehovah God made for Adam and for his wife coats of skins, and clothed them....therefore Jehovah God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken)

HUMMM Just pondering.

Fat

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 03:27:57 pm »
Rom 8:29 For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers