Author Topic: By Grace You Have Been Saved  (Read 580 times)

biblebuf

By Grace You Have Been Saved
« on: March 29, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »
By Grace You Have Been Saved

Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. (Gen 6:5)
Who can make the clean out of the unclean? No one!  (Job 14:4)
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things pass out from inside and defile the man. (Mar 7:21-23 )
How then can man be justified with God? Or how can one who is born of a woman be clean? (Job 25:4 )
Who can say, “I have kept my heart pure; I am cleansed from my sin”(Prov. 20:9 ) The Lord looks down from heaven on the human race to see if there is one who is wise, one who seeks God. All have turned away;all alike have become corrupt.There is no one who does good,not even one (Psa. 14:2, 3 ) Those who are in the flesh cannot please God (Rom. 8:8 ) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. (Rom. 7:18, 19 )  But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isa. 64:6 )
 But the scripture has concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. (Gal. 3:22 ) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, not imputing their trespasses to them; and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.(2 Cor. 5:19 ) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8, 9 ) And Jehovah smelled a sweet odor. And Jehovah said in His heart, I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, because the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth. And I will not again smite every living thing as I have done. (Genesis 8:2 )

And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,                               
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 
 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.                                       
But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ ( By Grace You Have Been Saved), (Ephesians 2:1-5)

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: By Grace You Have Been Saved
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 09:39:38 am »
 This really speaks to the depravity of man.

Zlaw