Author Topic: Luke 5:27-28  (Read 730 times)

clark thompson

Luke 5:27-28
« on: April 04, 2016, 05:17:49 am »
Luke 5:27-28 King James Version (KJV)
27 And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me.
28 And he left all, rose up, and followed him.

A Voice In The Wilderness Bible

Luke 5:27-28
5:27 And after these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, Follow Me.
5:28 So he left all, rose up, and followed Him.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

27 Tax collectors were valued less than the Gentiles as far as the Jewish people were concerned but Jesus showed him love and acceptance we are to accept people this does not mean were accept their sin. Jesus went to where he was to find him often times to reach the lost we are not going to effect by staying in the church house.

28 Levi also known as Matthew gave the same dedication as everyone else did if not more, the others could go back to being fishermen but their was not turning back for him and some of have to change our entire lives when we come to the Lord to remove sin.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Luke 5:27-28
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:40:57 am »
Tax collectors were wealthy men in those days, imagine the power of Christ call to make Matthew give up everything to follow a man he just met, into a  unknown questionable future.

Zlaw

Fat

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 04:56:13 pm »
Tax collectors were wealthy men in those days, imagine the power of Christ call to make Matthew give up everything to follow a man he just met, into a  unknown questionable future.

Zlaw

With the flat tax we wouldn't need so many tax collectors (publicans)😎

Hal

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 05:56:22 pm »
Jesus’ mission called acknowledged sinners into the joy of a new age.