Author Topic: A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows  (Read 624 times)

biblebuf

A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows
« on: May 06, 2016, 12:10:18 am »
A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows

Deut 10:18 "He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing.

Psa 68:5  A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, Is God in His holy habitation.

Psa 146:9 The LORD protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow, But He thwarts the way of the wicked.

Isa 1:17  Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.

Jer 49:11  "Leave your orphans behind, I will keep them alive; And let your widows trust in Me."

Hos 14:3 "Assyria will not save us, We will not ride on horses; Nor will we say again, 'Our god,' To the work of our hands; For in You the orphan finds mercy."

Psalms 82:3-4 Judge ye the weak and fatherless, The afflicted and the poor declare righteous. Let the weak and needy escape, From the hand of the wicked deliver them.

Job 29:12-13 For I deliver the afflicted who is crying, And the fatherless who hath no helper. The blessing of the perishing cometh on me, And the heart of the widow I cause to sing.

Job 31:16-17  If I withhold from pleasure the poor, And the eyes of the widow do consume, And I do eat my morsel by myself, And the orphan hath not eat of it,

Isaiah 1:23   Thy princes are apostates, and companions of thieves, Every one loving a bribe, and pursuing rewards, The fatherless they judge not, And the plea of the widow cometh not to them.