Author Topic: Blessed are the peacemakers  (Read 637 times)

biblebuf

Blessed are the peacemakers
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:17:39 pm »
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.   ( Matt 5:9)  If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.  (Rom 12:18)  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, (Gal. 5:22 ) being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. ( Eph 4:3 ) The beginning of strife is like letting out water, So abandon the quarrel before it breaks out.  (Prov 17:14)   Keeping away from strife is an honor for a man, But any fool will quarrel.    ( Prov 20:3) For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, (Rom. 8:6 )
God hath called us to peace. (1 Cor. 7:15 )   But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. ( James 3:17, 18 ) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27 ) The God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. (Rom. 15:13 ) Better is a dry morsel and quietness with it Than a house full of feasting with strife.  (Prov 17:1 )   
"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.  (Isa. 26:3 )  Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it.   (Psa 34:14 )
 And the work of righteousness will be peace, And the service of righteousness, quietness and confidence forever. Then my people will live in a peaceful habitation, And in secure dwellings and in undisturbed resting places; (Isa. 32:17, 18 ) "But he who listens to me shall live securely And will be at ease from the dread of evil." (Prov. 1:33 )   Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, But counselors of peace have joy. (Prov 12:20) Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. ( 2 Cor 13:11 )
Those who love Your law have great peace, And nothing causes them to stumble. (Psa. 119:165 )  Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord. (Heb 12:14 )
When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. ( Prov 16:7 ) 'I shall also grant peace in the land, so that you may lie down with no one making you tremble. I shall also eliminate harmful beasts from the land, and no sword will pass through your land. (Lev 26:6 ) "For you will be in league with the stones of the field, And the beasts of the field will be at peace with you. "You will know that your tent is secure, For you will visit your abode and fear no loss.  (Job 5:23-24)  And He will judge between the nations, And will render decisions for many peoples; And they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they learn war. (Isa 2:4 ) "In that day I will also make a covenant for them With the beasts of the field, The birds of the sky And the creeping things of the ground. And I will abolish the bow, the sword and war from the land, And will make them lie down in safety.  (Hos 2:18 )

"Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased." (Luke 2:14 )