Author Topic: Of Fathers  (Read 537 times)

Fat

Of Fathers
« on: May 26, 2016, 12:15:20 am »
FATHER

A father once took his little boy on his lap and described what a Christian was. When he was through, the little boy asked a question that pierced his father’s heart: “Daddy, have I ever seen one?”

A father who teaches his children responsibility provides them with a fortune.

A father who whipped his son for swearing, and swore himself while he whipped him, did more harm by his example than good by his correction.
Sir Thomas Fuller (1608–1661)

A good father will leave his imprint on his daughter for the rest of her life.
James C. Dobson (1936– )

Authentic men aren’t afraid to show affection, release their feelings, hug their children, cry when they’re sad, admit it when they’re wrong, and ask for help when they need it.
Charles R. Swindoll (1934– )

Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be rough.
Wilhelm Busch (1832–1908)

Can’t you see the Creator of the universe, who understands every secret, every mystery . . . sitting patiently and listening to a four-year-old talk to him? That’s a beautiful image of a father.
James C. Dobson (1936– )

Fathering is a marathon, not a sprint.
Paul L. Lewis (1944– )

I’m left with the memory of a child who said with his eyes, “Could you be a daddy to me?”
James C. Dobson (1936– )

If he’s wealthy and prominent, and you stand in awe of him, call him “Father.” If he sits in his shirt sleeves and suspenders at a ball game and picnic, call him “Pop.” If he wheels the baby carriage and carries bundles meekly, call him “Papa” (with the accent on the first syllable). If he belongs to a literary circle and writes cultured papers, call him “Papa” (with the accent on the last syllable).
      If, however, he makes a pal of you when you’re good and is too wise to let you pull the wool over his loving eyes when you’re not; if, moreover, you’re quite sure no other fellow you know has quite so fine a father, you may call him “Dad.”
William Buel Franklin (1823–1903)

It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
Pope John xxiii (1881–1963)

One father is worth more than a hundred schoolmasters.
George Herbert (1593–1633)

One of the best legacies a father can leave his children is to love their mother.
C. Neil Strait

The acid test of a father’s leadership is not in the realm of his social skills, his public relations, his managerial abilities at the office, or how well he handles himself before the public. It is in the home.
Charles R. Swindoll (1934– )

The father in praising the son extols himself.
Chinese Proverb

The father’s most important responsibility is to communicate the real meaning of Christianity to his children.
James C. Dobson (1936– )

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
Mark Twain (1835–1910)

You don’t need to be right all the time. Your child wants a man for a father, not a formula. He wants real parents, real people, capable of making mistakes without moping about it.
C. D. Williams