Author Topic: Are Christians Christ Like? Do they follow Christ?  (Read 1892 times)

biblebuf

Are Christians Christ Like? Do they follow Christ?
« on: June 08, 2016, 03:37:03 pm »
Are Christians Christ Like? Do they follow Christ?

Joh 15:13  "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

1 John 3:16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1Jn 4:9-10  By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Mat 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."             

Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.   

Joh 10:15  even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

Act 20:28 "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.   

Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Eph 5:2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. 

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,

1Pe 1:18, 19 knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers,  but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

1Pe 2:24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.   

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Rev 1:5  and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood--   

Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.