Author Topic: Traveling Light  (Read 1071 times)

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Traveling Light
« on: March 04, 2012, 04:57:35 pm »

“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? … Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.” Luke 12:22-26, 32

“A person says, ‘I cannot understand how I am to get along when I leave my father’s house.’ Why should he understand it until that time comes? What if a person going on a journey of five years should undertake to carry provisions, clothes, and money enough to last him during the whole time, lugging them as he traveled, like a veritable Englishman, with all creation at his back! If he is wise he will supply himself at the different points where he stops. When he gets to London, let him buy what he needs there. When he gets to Rome, let him buy what he needs there. And when he gets to Vienna, Dresden, Munich, St. Petersburg, and Canton, let him buy what he needs at these places! He will find at each of them, and all the other cities he visits, whatever thing he requires. Why, then, should he undertake to carry them around the globe with him? It would be the greatest folly imaginable.”
By Henry Ward Beecher

Moss

Re: Traveling Light
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:46:12 am »
 It's man's nature to be fearful of the unknown.  We failed to consider that we know the power of the Lord.