Author Topic: Is supersessionism / replacement theology Biblical?  (Read 19939 times)

Iconoclast

Re: Is supersessionism / replacement theology Biblical?
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2018, 07:53:58 pm »
Zant Law

We have established that the kingdom is not here on earth

I do not think that is established at all. To properly study the kingdom of God is a very big study. People approach this issue in several ways and with some degree of biblical support.

and it can never be moved to here on earth
, is that correct?

no, that is not correct. The reference in Hebrews speaks of a kingdom that cannot be moved but stable and eternal.

Which means the thousand year reign of Christ will not occur here on earth, is that correct?

This again is the subject of much debate and discussion.
The term 1000yrs occurs only in revelation 20....it appears 6x..... this iswhere the term millenium comes from.
 rev20;
Revelation 20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Now...where does it say this is happening on earth? No mention of the earth here.

In the premillenial system they try and attach other verses to suggest this scenerio. Other believers see this happening now with the number being held as symbolic for the whole gospel age. There exist four main views that have been held in the church and are still held today.

Are there heretical groups and teachings concerning this? yes there are. These become apparent upon looking over the views.

I would offer a challenge to those who read these posts...Can you articulate the other views that you do not hold without creating a strawman?
If you cannot do that i am going to suggest you do not know why you believe what you do.

This also means that the throne of David is not here on this earth and not referring to the city of Jerusalem, is that correct?
[/b]

How you understand Peter's sermon on Pentecost goes a long way to answer this  question...
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
You know I really find it hard to believe that you do not understand the analogy of the bondwoman and the free woman

I do understand it and the purpose of Galatians. this objection is a red herring.
Do you understand being bound to the law, and as Paul preached being free from the law?
  Yes i understand the relationship of the law to the Christian.

Reading some of your post I almost believe that this is some kind of big put-on just for the purpose of harassment.

You do not know me at all. My posts were fairly basic. My posts were asking questions in an effort to see where everyone is coming from.
This is advertised as bible discussions....so...perhaps there could be ...BIBLE DISCUSSIONS?

I am free from the Law (my now kingdom), are you[/b]?

Some of these questions are vague and some of these issues are not quite as simple as this one line statement.
What do i mean?  Are you as a Christian...law less? What law has God put in your heart? Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments. Which ones?
What is the place of the 10 commandments in scripture?

Here are a few pertinent versus I believe it is appropriate for this discussion.
I think this was a series of peculiar questions that had questionable motives. You can answer for them.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:6
I am astonished how quickly you are deserting the One who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.