Bible Talk > Apologetics

The Jewish creed of Jesus.

(1/3) > >>

AFB1935:
The Encyclopedia Americana, 1956 Vol. 27 p. 294:

--- Quote ---"Christianity derived from Judaism and Judaism was strictly Unitarian (believing in one God). The road which led from Jerusalem to Nicea was scarcely a straight one. Fourth century trinitarianism did not reflect accurately early Christian teaching regarding the nature of God; it was, on the contrary, a deviation from this teaching.”
--- End quote ---

The striking quotation above about the complex route from the NT to the council of Nicea raises this interesting question. 

How do Christians justify their obvious departure from the Jewish unitarian creed of Jesus?

And how can Christianity really be Christianity if it abandons Christ at the most fundamental level of defining GOD?

macuser:

--- Quote from: AFB1935 on July 25, 2016, 03:34:32 am ---The Encyclopedia Americana, 1956 Vol. 27 p. 294:
The striking quotation above about the complex route from the NT to the council of Nicea raises this interesting question. 

How do Christians justify their obvious departure from the Jewish unitarian creed of Jesus?

And how can Christianity really be Christianity if it abandons Christ at the most fundamental level of defining GOD?

--- End quote ---

Hello AFB

If I remember my scriptures, it was the Jews who abandoned Christ. I have read a few of your post, why is it that you quote man more than God?

AFB1935:
Thanks, please tell me whether Deut 6:5; Mark 12:29 is unitarian or trinitarian?

You are assuming that the church maintained the faith or did it perhaps not?

macuser:
O' I see you don't answer questions you only give them.

You have put restrictions on God I have not. My God can hand down commandments to  Moses while taking the form of a burning bush, or  negotiate with Abraham while in the form of a human.  My god can be in the past and the future at the same time, He can be in heaven and on earth at the same time. He can be talking to someone in Brazil at the same time talking to someone in Africa .

MY GOD CAN NOT BE LIMITED.

I don't presume anything, I read the Scriptures and they tell me that the Jews turned their back on Christ and nailed to the cross.

Peace
Mac

Fat:

--- Quote from: AFB1935 on July 25, 2016, 03:34:32 am ---The Encyclopedia Americana, 1956 Vol. 27 p. 294:

--- End quote ---

Tell me were the Jews right when they question Jesus's power to forgive sin?

Mark 2:7 Why does He speak like this? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

John 10:33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

If Christ was/is a created being, does He have the right to forgive sins?

Matthew 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,)Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version